Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NBR The Bachelor 2/15 ****SPOILERS!!!****

Thoughts on last night's episode? Getting excited for this??

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

Re: NBR The Bachelor 2/15 ****SPOILERS!!!****

• Options
    I am convinced Becca is going to be the next Bachelorette.  I had her pegged as one of the final two. UGHHHH.

I am glad Emily went home, but I'm not quite so sure why Ben picked her to meet his parents. I feel like he should have done that with a girl he was really sure about.

I feel like Ben wants to live in his glory days. He loves talking about high school, and doing high school type dates. It's kind of annoying. Haha.

And yeah, @Lecool, holy moly about JoJo's home visit! That looks like bad news bears, for sure.

And yes! I can not wait for the finale! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN, GUYS?!?!?!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    beforeyoubeforeyou member
    edited February 2016
    Ok what the heck!? I thought for sure Caila would be going home, not Becca. THAT didn't help my bracket. I feel a little bad for Becca but I also never thought she'd be top two. I'm definitely thinking its between JoJo and Lauren. And I completely agree, @lecool if she doesn't win she needs to be the next bachelorette. (Eta: JoJo, that is)
    Ok also the whole Emily thing was kinda weird. I get that he wanted her to meet his parents because he was on the fence but he didn't even take time to mull it over. She was on such a high thinking that he really likes her and then, bam, she's done! Couldn't that have waited until the rose ceremony? I guess that's my non confrontational side coming out. 
    Next week looks interesting! 
  • Options
    @peachykeen17 @gonetothesea I wasn't surprised that he sent Emily home, but I was surprised that he chose her to meet his parents. But I think that he did it because he wasn't sure about her, and needed a second opinion. Almost like he had to do it to see her interact with other people in his life to see what it would be like. I guess I think he chose her to meet his family almost to confirm that she wasn't right for him, rather than because he thought she was. If that makes any sense. Once his mom said she didn't think Emily was right for him, I was like "bye girl". 

I did feel bad that she was really excited and feeling good and then he dropped the hammer on her. But I think it's nice that he actually goes through the effort to really break up with the girls he doesn't feel a connection with, rather than just not give them a rose at the ceremony. 

I almost forgot about how good he looked in just jeans and a white tee. SO CUTE. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Jojo too, but I doubt she wins. I think she's too sophisticated for Ben. Also it looks like her hometown isn't going to go well.

I was bummed about Becca, too. I thought they were a good match, although her clothing choices baffle me.

Emily 's departure was more classy than I expected. But her date with Ben's parents was terribly awkward.

Lauren bores me a lot. I hope she has a personality, but I don't see it.

It won't last with Amanda. I don't think Ben is ready to be a stepdad. It's a hard thing to do, for anyone. But Ben is young and I highly doubt he will sign up for it.

I'm guessing Lauren for the win and Becca or Jojo for next Bachelorette. 

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    @cjt121413 I agree about Lauren...I like her, but I literally can't think of anything about her aside from the fact that she's cute and nice. I don't really see her personality either. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @shwee25 RIGHT!? Come on. 
  • Options
    @gonetothesea I agree that Ben wants to relive his glory days. I am convinced that Ben isn't really ready for marriage. He may be ready to date seriously, but not marriage, and definitely not kids.

I am a JoJo fan too. But I do think he will end up with Lauren in the end but they wont last.

He totally needed his moms opinion on Emily. I think she was starting to realize that she wants to be her own person and has dreams and goals. I also think he felt obligated to bring her on that date since she already had a hometown and he met her mom.

Becca is starting to annoy me. She didn't really seem that into him. I think she needs to date someone not on an accelerated timeline. I don't think the Bachelor/Bachelorette is the right way for her to meet someone. Maybe in the events/gatherings they have but not the show.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Can I join the Bachelor party!? Literally the only good thing about Mondays. 

Like many of you, I'm really liking JoJo and think it will end up being down to her and Lauren B. I really like Amanda (despite her voice), but have a feeling her heart's going to get broken. :-( I also LOLed a bit at the preview of her hometown with Ben's reaction to the crying kids. 

@m6agua, so glad I wasn't the only one that was not sad that Becca went home. I don't know why, but I've never been a huge fan. Her personality seems a little bland although I will say she was much more personable this season than on Chris's (SO obvious now that she was not into Chris). And all I could think during her exit interview was whether she knows that the Bachelor is not the only way (nor the best way) to find a husband. 

I totally agree with you, @cjt121413, that Emily's departure was really classy. Her departure interview was shockingly mature and logical! I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed Emily on the show and am hoping that both her and her sister will be on Bachelor in Paradise. 

One last thing--does anyone here read Sharleen Joynt's (from Juan Pablo's season) Bachelor recaps on her blog (alltheprettypandas)? They are AWESOME. She obviously has an insider perspective and is really great at pinpointing editing nuances that I would have otherwise been unaware of. Definitely worth reading if you need some procrastination motivation. 
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Shwee25 said:

The McDonald's date.....

really kathy griffin

Holy-shameless-product-placement, Batman! I mean, with the whole "would you like breakfast or dinner today?" line? But good for McDonald's I guess? 

ETA: P.S. Did anyone else watch the wedding special on Sunday night? I love that Ashley I cried again! She's the best. You can always count on her for tears!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ugh I totally missed it AND forgot to update my bracket... just catching up now. OY Becca. Wow. 
    And seriously, Twin? They'll just keep putting "twin" as her occupation subtitle for as long as she shall be on this show?? There's NOTHING else worth mentioning about her?? Jeez...
  • Options
    cabu14cabu14 member
    edited February 2016
    The girls that are left seem right on.  I wont Miss Becca.. does anyone else get a weird vibe from her?  I think the final two will be JoJo and Lauren B.  I don't even know who I like best for him..

**Do you feel like he did blind side Becca the way he let her go?  

ETA: I agree, McDonalds - not right. 

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    melmal9melmal9 member
    edited February 2016
    Team JoJo and Lauren B all the way! I agree, why is Calia still on the show? I liked her at first but she's grown away from me. Amanda is nice and I don't think the kids are a deterrent but she needs to pick her annoying speech pattern, either tiny baby voice OR saying like all the time, she can't be annoying both ways! 

I think Emily met the fam because he met her's so fairs fair. I liked her, she's super cute and nice and was enjoyable to watch. I never had an omg Emily moment until she was nervous around his family. 

Also, Becca is pretty and has great hair but shes sooooo basic. I liked her way more on Chris's season, maybe it's because next to him she seems exciting?
  • Options
    @LoulieFace To answer your question. Yeah, I kinda think so. How is it that Ben was so forthcoming with all the other ladies he didn't feel a connection with (emily, jubilee, who am I missing?) but, when someone that he obviously didn't have a connection with asks him specifically not to blindside her he chooses to let her go at the rose ceremony and not tell her then that he doesn't feel a connection? I don't get it. 

@felix08 welp I'm officially obsessed with that blog. Thanks for the suggestion, I started reading and it is really changing how I see the show. Love that she points out those subtle edits and kinda "lets us in." Super interesting!
  • Options
    I agree with everyone that Becca just seems so dull. Maybe in person she's super fun, but on cameras she comes across as boring. 

I I don't love JoJo, though I'm not certain why. I love Lauren B though and her and Ben seem to just have something that he doesn't have with the other ladies. 

• Options
    I agree with everything you all have said!
    McDonalds? That had to have been the lamest date EVER! 
    I was actually sad with the Emily break up scene. The sad music, her being so excited and hopeful and then BAM! See ya! And I agree @felix08 that the twins would be great on BIP!
    Jojo is great, but not for Ben. My money is still on her being the next Bachelorette. 
    Caila...whatever. She seems super over it.
    The scene when Lauren B says she loves him was pretty precious and seemed very sincere. As boring as she is, she is a good match for Ben.
    I like Becca, but she just comes off as so flat and a bit whiney. 

And OMG!! Ashley I freaking out and crying about Jared! That was AMAZING!! And Ashley S being super pregnant! Onion girl found a man! I love Jade and she was so beautiful!
    It was cool to see how many couples and babies have been created from this show! Insane!

When does BIP start???

• Options
    I'm confused - wasn't Jared the one that liked Britt? What happened with that storyline?? 
  • Options
    @peachykeen17 I seriously think I enjoy reading Sharleen's recaps as much as I enjoy the show, ha! The only problem is it usually takes her awhile to finish them.

@HeyBooHey not sure about a BIP start date...seems like they usually have a couple seasons in between. 

One last comment about last night's episode (apparently I have a lot to say about it)--do you guys think that Ben's body language is really obvious? I guessed Becca would be going home just based on their physical interaction during the group date. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 Jared was on Kaitlyn's season, but on BIP Ashley I was obsessed with him! There are rumors they are in a relationship, but that might just be in her head!
  • Options
    Okay I didn't have time to write full comments earlier today, so here we go! 

I'm glad Ben sent Emily home, but I don't agree with his mom saying she was too immature for him. Emily is immature for sure and absolutely still figuring out who she is as an adult human, but I think Ben is also extremely immature, and I don't think he himself is ready for a serious adult relationship, let alone marriage. 

I am going to deviate from the group and say I don't think Caila is "over it". She's trying to play some kind of game, but not playing it very well. Courtney on Ben Flajnik's season did this very well (and she won), and Caila is just not doing it right. She's trying to go for the I'm interested in you, but I'm not, and you need to work for my affection so you like me more - but yeah. She's just not pulling it off. She wants to win, don't get it twisted. Her game is extremely lacking in skill, and I don't think she'll be the last woman standing.  

Becca is so bland, I agree with @peachykeen17 - it was obvious she was going to get sent home (ugh, my bracket! didn't see that coming). I don't want her to be the next bachelorette or go on BIP. She doesn't add any entertainment value for me. But I don't get why Emily was spared from the rose ceremony and Becca had to go through it. And they (the producers) made all the girls just stand around in the cold for no reason! Cruel! 

From the previews for hometowns next week, it looks like JoJo might be on the chopping block based on her family. And the clips they showed of Ben at Amanda's made it look like he was miserable with the crying little ones. I don't think he's "instant dad" material. 

I love the bachelor, but I can't wait for this season to be over. I want Bachelor in Paradise already! 

@HeyBooHey what are these rumors about Ashley I and Jared? They did not seem like they were dating in the clips from Jade and Tanner's wedding! Also Ashley S's baby daddy (and fiance) is apparently her college sweetheart. I really want to know if she went straight from BIP into his bed because she got KU'd RIGHT AWAY after BIP was over (supposedly after BIP!). 

• Options
    @MissAmeliaPond there was just some gossip articles about them maybe having remained close after BIP. Who knows if it is true. Even on the special on Sunday, it was clearly one sided and mostly in Ashley I's head.

I stalked Ashley S's instagram and saw that the guy has known her since college. He is a cute guy, good for her! Now that I think of it, she did mention that she may already be in love on BIP. Maybe she found out she was ku on the show and that is why she left. I need to go rewatch it now...
  • Options
    Y'all!! I forgot to update my bracket!!!!

I'm just about to watch this week's episode, so I'll come back and read this thread later.
  • Options
    Ahhh, I noticed a lot of people forgot about the bracket this week. I think best practices would be to update your bracket for next week immediately after watching. Speaking of which, I need to remember to update mine for next week... 

• Options
    I forgot to set my bracket toooo! Actually I tried to set it on my phone and had totally picked Emily and Becca going...but it didn't work and then I forgot to set it on the computer. I'm so grumpy! I'd be doing so well if I could just remember to set the darn bracket!

I don't like JoJo as much as the rest of you (maybe because I'm team Lauren?). I don't get the down to earth/mature vibes that others are getting. I also think she has a strange jaw (or mouth? I can't pinpoint it) so I don't find her that gorgeous. Looks like her hometown is going to be super rocky. I still bet she'll be final 2.
    Caila bugs me so much. I don't think she really cares for Ben. I think she just wants to win. However, ever since the premiere when she said she broke up with a bf of a year when she was watching ben on the bachelorette...I can not think she isn't absolutely crazy. I also think she's being a bit ridiculous about her lack of "roots", I really don't think Ben will care... I do think she is beautiful, though. 
    I'm heard a rumor that Lauren and Ben come to my "neighborhood" for hometowns...I'm super excited to see it!