February 2016 Moms
Options

Miranda Kasy made her debut!

I already posted in the chatter free thread. But now that we are finally home I thought I would go in more detail about our birth story. On Tuesday 2/9/2016 we went in to be induced at 5AM. They started me on the pill to ripen the cervix. (Can't remember the name). During that time to get that working my doctor saw a couple dips in her heart rate so he ordered an ultrasound because he was worried about her fluid levels. Ultrasound was done and showed that the fluid was on the low end and so my doctor decided to start pitocin to get things going quicker. Baby did not like the pitocin so that was stopped and my doctor came and broke my water, put in an internal fetal moniter, and then inserted something to add fluid around her. My contractions started coming on fast and hard. Got an epidural. Which was amazing might I add. The nurse came in and were turning me and repositioning me as baby's heart rate started dropping again with every contraction. The nurse also did a cervix check and discovered that baby was not coming down with the contractions. My doctor came in and said we needed to do a emergency c-section and what felt like 10 minutes later Miranda was born at 5:11PM. When the doctor was performing the c-section he found her cord was around her neck. Was a crazy whirlwind of a day. But in the end we are all happy and healthy and I'm just glad that my little girl is here and healthy. 

Re: Miranda Kasy made her debut!