February 2016 Moms
Options

It's a boy! Introducing Preston Lynn

I was scheduled for a c-section on Feb. 15th because baby was breech and just didn't want to turn. Then around 2:30am on Sunday, my water broke. By 3:30am I was in triage at the hospital with contractions. At 5:36am, baby made his appearance. We didn't find out the sex, and EVERYONE swore it was a girl, so imagine our surprise when my OB announced it was a boy! DH is over the moon, and my heart melts every time I look at them together. 

DH and I are huge football fans, and I'm originally from Indiana (go Colts!), so it's very fitting that Preston arrived on Super Bowl Sunday, especially what may be Manning's last game ever. We always have a huge party, but we decided to skip this year and go the home of a friend who is an OB and practices with my OB. Imagine both our surprise when he walked into the OR to assist with my c-section! We talked about football the whole time during the delivery, which made it fly by, and he promised to let everyone know why we had to miss the party. 

We finally decided on his name - Preston Lynn - yesterday. Lynn is both DH's and my middle name, and both our dads', and his grandfather's and great grandfather's. We just like the name Preston. 

I am heading home from the hospital today. I've had the most incredible nurses taking care of me and have such a newfound respect for that profession! I will miss being pampered, but I can't wait to sleep in my own bed and to introduce Preston to his big sister - Guinevere the Bulldog. She has one of his blankets and (hopefully!) is anxiously awaiting his arrival too. 

Re: It's a boy! Introducing Preston Lynn