March 2016 Moms
Options

Pre labour or braxton

I know this is strange for a mother of two children i feel again dump like its my first baby im 37weeks prego today and have been having pain in my lower back thats going to   the front come n go for week now was last saturday by ob she told me im 1cm dilated now im not sure if im in labour pr is it Braxton hicks so confuse pls help!!!!

Re: Pre labour or braxton

• Options
    If they stop or lessen by hanging positions, drinking water, grabbing a snack, something, then they're BH. If you can't get them to stop, they're real contractions. 

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• Options
    Unfortunately the only thing we can do is time contractions. It's a big waiting game. I was having contractions every 7-10 minutes last night. Uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say "painful." Then I had 2 within 5 minutes but the next one wasn't for 14 minutes then they stopped. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aarifah said:
    I know this is strange for a mother of two children i feel again dump like its my first baby im 37weeks prego today and have been having pain in my lower back thats going to   the front come n go for week now was last saturday by ob she told me im 1cm dilated now im not sure if im in labour pr is it Braxton hicks so confuse pls help!!!!

Did you call your OB? 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If they're not getting closer together and more intense, I don't really think it matters WHAT you call them. Both pre-labor and braxton hicks play a role in preparing your body for labor. I have heard that pre-labor can be an indication that baby isn't positioned well for labor to really get into full-swing, so maybe try some spinning babies.com positions. Hands and knees, pelvic tilts, etc. But the truth is, either way it's still just a waiting game.