Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Noisy neighbours

So my partner and i moved into our house 3 months ago,  and absolutely love the area.  It's quiet, peaceful and lovely. 

Except when the next for neighbours 2 boys get home from school each day. 

They are so noisy and loud!! They go outside to play, but scream and shout.

The baby's room is right next to their yard,  and its so loud in there!!

I put baby down at 7 pm reach night and these kids are 8 and 10 and are outside until 9-9 30 pm!!!

I don't expect them to tiptoe around the baby,  but seriously,  is the screaming necessary? ? Have a bit of consideration! !

Sorry just needed to vent. Fortunately it doesn't actually wake the baby up,  but i go to bed around 8 myself so that i get enough rest, it does affect my sleeping :(.

Re: Noisy neighbours

• I know how that is. Our upstairs neighbors let their kids stomp and run around until as late as 11pm. Be glad they don't wake up your LO. Weve had to put the sound machine on as loud as possible and you can still feel them stomping! :(
  • Neighbors suck. In the summer, our neighbors sit on their back deck and smoke cigarettes which sends the smoke right up into my kids rooms. I have to close their windows. I hate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally read the title as "nosy" neighbors. I was all ready to jump in with a story about mine!  Never mind. 
  • melalinga said:
    So my partner and i moved into our house 3 months ago,  and absolutely love the area.  It's quiet, peaceful and lovely. 

Except when the next for neighbours 2 boys get home from school each day. 

They are so noisy and loud!! They go outside to play, but scream and shout.

The baby's room is right next to their yard,  and its so loud in there!!

I put baby down at 7 pm reach night and these kids are 8 and 10 and are outside until 9-9 30 pm!!!

I don't expect them to tiptoe around the baby,  but seriously,  is the screaming necessary? ? Have a bit of consideration! !

Sorry just needed to vent. Fortunately it doesn't actually wake the baby up,  but i go to bed around 8 myself so that i get enough rest, it does affect my sleeping :(.

WHAT?? Kids have the audacity to play outside their own house? Some nerve they have.

What exactly should these kids have consideration for? Its not these kids fault you have a baby.

If they are too loud get ear plugs or a sound machine. This post reminds me of so many sancti-mommies who think the world stops moving when they have a baby.

Damn, you do have a point here...
  • Im quite aware of that. .. thanks. .. i was simply having a vent,  apparently you can't do that on here anymore. 

As i said,  i don't expect them to tiptoe around the baby.  It's just frustrating.  Bring a mother is hard and 'tiring' work and it sucks that i can't go to bed and have an early night because kids are screaming next door 

In all for playing outside,  but at a reasonable hour and ditch the screaming.  
  • Sarcasm101Sarcasm101 member
    edited February 2016
    melalinga said:
    Im quite aware of that. .. thanks. .. i was simply having a vent,  apparently you can't do that on here anymore. 

As i said,  i don't expect them to tiptoe around the baby.  It's just frustrating.  Bring a mother is hard and 'tiring' work and it sucks that i can't go to bed and have an early night because kids are screaming next door 

You can have an early night even though kids are outside. But it doesn't sound like you are willing to make any modifications yourself (like ear plugs, sound machines, higher quality windows, etc.)

And after school to 9pm are perfectly reasonable times for a kids to play outside. Now if the kids are still screaming at 11pm, that might warranted a conversation with the kid's parents.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Guess I'll suck it up thanks! 
    It's summer here atm so i presume when the weather cools they will stay in. 

• melalinga said:
    Im quite aware of that. .. thanks. .. i was simply having a vent,  apparently you can't do that on here anymore. 

I totally see your side too and yes, you can vent. It's frustrating when neighbors bug you. But hey, at least your LO will be used to sleeping when it's loud!
  • That's what OH says!  Haha.  He's just as noisy half the time grrr.
  • This thread reminds me of my old apartment. I personally find kids that just run around screaming really annoying. Like when there is no rhyme or reason just running around going ahhhhhhhh. Don't know why they can't just walk around talking to drop dead Fred or something. Lol. I work night shift and had to deal with this downstairs family during the day. The parents chain smoked so I basically lost my balcony and the kids constantly screamed the most high pitched "nails on chalkboard" screams. So much better once we bought our house.
  • This thread reminds me of my old apartment. I personally find kids that just run around screaming really annoying. Like when there is no rhyme or reason just running around going ahhhhhhhh. Don't know why they can't just walk around talking to drop dead Fred or something. Lol. I work night shift and had to deal with this downstairs family during the day. The parents chain smoked so I basically lost my balcony and the kids constantly screamed the most high pitched "nails on chalkboard" screams. So much better once we bought our house.

Wait until you have a 3 year old ;) Mine does this shit all the time.
  • @melalinga whatever, it may be totally out of your hands but complain all you want! I totally sympathize. I can't stand my neighbors on one side (luckily my other side is my sis) my house is set really far back so our house is basically in their backyard. Their kids (I say kids loosely- they're like 17 years old) are outside all the time yelling and screaming. It's ridiculous. And of course the only two rooms we had for options for the baby's room are right next to their side. I'm not looking forward to this summer! 
  • Check your town's noise ordinances. Children really shouldn't be outside past 9pm, and if they're screaming past a certain time (typically 10pm is when noise ordinances kick in) you could report it and have the parents get a warning. I'm sure you're not the only one trying to settle down and sleep. How old are these kids anyways?

• They are 8 and 10.

• Check your town's noise ordinances. Children really shouldn't be outside past 9pm, and if they're screaming past a certain time (typically 10pm is when noise ordinances kick in) you could report it and have the parents get a warning. I'm sure you're not the only one trying to settle down and sleep. How old are these kids anyways?

I wouldn't report anything without speaking with the parents 1st. There is a more polite way to handle the situation if you really can't take it. If it is really truely bad screaming talk to the mother. Let her know that the sound really carries and it's waking up the baby and if she could ask her boys to be mindful that there is a baby next door that needs to sleep when they play outside. She may tell you to F*** off but at least give them the opportunity to be courteous before reporting them. The boys' parents may be clueless about the noise because parents seem to go deaf to their own kids and they're not at your house hearing it. I would be pissed if a neighbor reported me for something without giving me a chance to fix it 1st.
  • As the parent of a 7 & 9 year old, I'd want to know if my kids were being obnoxious. We live by the phrase "my rights end where yours begin" - its a concept the kids are working on with LO, to be honest. Just because you like it doesn't mean others do; just because you don't doesn't make others bad people if they disagree. 

Yes. Let kids be outside and play and be kids. But also learn that there are others who are affected by your actions. 

It's called parenting. 
  • Some people worry about causing drama with neighbors, and a verbal warning is all they would receive on the first report, that's why I suggested it.
  • Some people worry about causing drama with neighbors, and a verbal warning is all they would receive on the first report, that's why I suggested it.

Going straight to the police or village would come off very hostile and like overkill. If the kids are actually screaming, not just playing outside, then speak to the parents. But I do think its unreasonable to expect silence after 9pm.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

• It was just a suggestion, she's new to the neighborhood and it would be a way to anonymously raise the issue. Doesn't mean she has to do it.

Silence isn't expected from kids, agreed, but after 9pm screaming and in a neighborhood where the neighbors are close enough to hear you?

I had to be up at 6:30am when I was their ages (8 and 10) to catch the bus for school... My butt was in bed or near to it.