Pregnant after IF

*2nd Tri Check-in Feb 15th*

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@kistra EDD 5/18/16 with 1 bean!
@AdorkablePixie EDD 5/23/16 with a little boy!
@NB817 EDD 5/28/15 with a little boy!
@Binnie505 EDD 6/12/2016 1 little lady!
@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/15/16 with 1 little boy!
@Msbender129 EDD 6/15/2016 with 1 bean Team Green!
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16 with one boy!
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1bean!
@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 bean

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: Nurseries! Tell me about yours! Do you have a theme you're doing or colors you're thinking of doing?  Post pics if you'd like! :)

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

Re: *2nd Tri Check-in Feb 15th*

• Hi Ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA lately.  My mom finally came to Florida for a visit, so we were busy bees doing all things baby!  She finally was about to see her grandson at our doctor's appointment -- since she wasn't able to have kids, she had never seen a sonogram before.  Baby boy put on quite the show for her.  It was an amazing experience to share with her :)

So  my DH has decided AGAIN to change the theme of the nursery.  First we were doing baby Looney Tunes, which I totally loved... Ordered a mural for the wall, painted pastel yellow with pastel green trim, ordered custom light switch covers with the different characters..  LOVED IT!  then he decides.. Well, I think I want to do a construction zone theme.  UGHHH!! LOL, so now we are on to dump trucks, rocks and dirt. 

Crib is up, just waiting now for the glider to come in.. I will share photos when it arrives :)

hope everyone is feeling great :) xo -- Kaitie

• I'm 25wks+ and feeling like I'm 35 weeks! I feel huge and had to go buy maternity jeans today because suddenly my regular ones don't fit and neither do my jeans from Pregnancy with DD! Heartburn has been bad this week too. Booo. 

Nursey wise we are going nautical theme. Not over the top but the walls are already a light blue and we are accenting with navy blue curtains and bedding. Crib sheets with whales and anchors too. We will put up some nautical wall decals but haven't purchased them yet. 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Loading the player...
  • I got the results of part 2 of my sequential screening/NT scan and they came back negative (no increased risk). Phew.

We also looked at strollers and car seats, and I'm pretty sure I know the brands I want. I just need to fully commit.

I've also been looking at day care options, which I realize makes me a little late in the game (15w2d). My mom has offered from day one to take care of the baby, so we figured we would just do a mommy's day out program to give her a break a few days week. We'll, I've only been able to find one place so far that takes infants, and one part-time center. I'm having a sit down with my mom to go over her expectations and goals re: "back up" care to see the best options. I was just having a hard time crossing off places when I might have to go back to them if it turns out I really do need full time care. We'll see. .. This process overwhelms me so much! I wish more than anything I could be a stay at home mom, but it's just not in the cards for us now. 

We've finally started clearing out the to-be nursery. My DH's cousin has been and is living with us for a few months, which is making it a little difficult to get organized and shift our office/craft room to our guest room. We're also planning on ripping out carpets and putting down hardwood. I'm hoping that process may drive him out and into his own place. I'm starting to get the impression he thinks the 4/1 deadline  (wish we made it 3/1 but we really didn't think we'd get pregnant on our last shot) is soft. Nope!!

No idea on the theme yet. We won't find out boy v girl until 3/20, so I'm thinking that will help. I definitely want to be gender nuetral overall, but knowing the sex will help sway some color choices. Right now I'm going between gray with pops of color or green with accent colors .that would probably change depending on boy or girl. I go back and forth constantly!

When is a good time to purchase cribs and gliders? Where did you find yours and how long did they take to come in?
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional ugh I feel you on the live in houseguest annoyances! My niece (who is 22) is living with us until September because she's attending grad school near us and I wish I had never said yes. She doesn't help with anything unless asked and that's just not how we roll. We expect her to help with chores and cleaning up after herself without being asked because she's an adult. It's not going to get any easier or better when baby arrives too and I can see myself flipping out on her. 

As as for the crib thing...I would give it at least 8 weeks to come in and if you're going to a real furniture store and ordering it 12 weeks. (That's what we did) I don't know about baby stores like babies r us if they have them in stock or how it works for them. 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Morning Ladies! Congrats @riveridgional on the great results!!! @NB817 I had such bad heartburn with my first, I am praying I don't get it this time. I swear I couldn't eat anything without having to sleep sitting up at night, it was miserable. I hope it gets better for you. 

As for the Nursery, we still have everything from when my son was born in 2014 so we don't need anything and we're going to keep the theme the way it is. As for now, until we get our house, the boys will be sharing a room. The baby will be in our room until maybe a year, unless he decides to sleep through the night sooner and if mommy can ease her mind about the baby being in a different room.  We'll then transition our older son to a toddler bed and have the baby ion the crib. Here's my son's room when he was born. The walls are grey with the blue accent. We already got the letters for our second son ready to decorate.

Here's his room now. I am really hoping we can rent out our condo and get a bigger house so that we can have a nursery for the new baby, but we'll see. I'd hate to take away from my son and what he has now. He loves playing in his room.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Oh I meant to mention about the crib thing. My husband and I got our crib from Craigslist. It's a 400 crib and we bought it used for 100. Smokin deal!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 that looks great! 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• @riveridgional So glad to hear your results came back negative! BIG PHEW!!!!

Hi mommies! 18 weeks this week :smile:  DH and I went to buybuyBABY last night for the first time to look at some items we've been on the fence about and to look at items we already registered for --- just to make sure they look as good / work as well in person as they do online. We thought we picked out a car seat (Cybex Aton 2) but now are unsure since we tried another (UppaBaby Mesa) and the Mesa was sooooo easy to get on and off the base. Problem is that compatible strollers with the Mesa are super pricey grrrr! So who knows! 

We still need to pick out furniture for the baby's room. Hoping to do that over the next couple of weeks. We do however have an idea for the room (not sure if it's a theme really) but we are going with pretty simple furniture, bright colors, and modern shapes and prints. Here's a picture of our rug and crib sheets to give you an idea :smile: 

• I love those prints @mechelita44
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• katie121209katie121209 member
    edited February 2016
    Hey guys! I'm officially 14 weeks today so I'm jumping over to this board! I know a few of you but my quick intro: I'm 32, we had gone through 2  medicated IUIs with no success. We went to Italy for thanksgiving and found out we were naturally pregnant 2 days after our IVF consult! I'm so happy to be at this point. My belly is poking out and we finally told everyone. Hope everyone is having a great week!

edited to say: my EDD is 8/19. 
  • YAY @katie121209 It's so great to see you over here!!! How are you feeling?? 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• YAY @katie121209 It's so great to see you over here!!! How are you feeling?? 
    Great! In fact I told DH I wanted to go to the beach this afternoon. I'm so glad to be feeling normal again for at least a while:) 
  • Hi ladies! I've been bad about checking this because the bump doesn't tell me I've  been tagged in it. Frustrating. 

I will be 27 weeks on Monday. I keep hearing mixed things about when the third trimester actually starts, so I am sticking around with you ladies until I am at 28 weeks!

we found a daycare, so we are excited about that. We will also be moving the end of March because we finally found a house to buy! So much going on.

We are doing an Avengers themed room for our little boy. I am really excited about it! We are having a red accent wall and will hopefully find a blue carpet or maybe even an avengers rug to lay over the carpet that's in there. We don't move in until the end-ish of March so we won't really be doing any nursery work until we move!

@riveridgional You're not really behind. We just found our daycare provider two weeks ago. Granted we kinda waited until the last minute because we weren't sure where we would be living.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018