Secondary IF
Options

Intro

Hey Ladies!
Decided it's time to get some support. Here's my history.

Right after DH and I got married in 2011 we started trying to get pregnant - thinking of course it would take no time at all (so naive). A year later, we were still not pregnant.  Were sent to an RE and come to find out DH has low count/motility and we were immediately urged to do IVF. I was 26 at the time and had no health issues and was basically just in shock.  We went for a second opinion and luckily decided to go with an IUI instead.  We were very lucky to get pregnant our first try. Insert our amazing daughter who is almost 3.

When we got ready to try for #2, we thought we'd have the same glorious luck and get pregnant on our first IUI.  Well multiple failed IUIs says otherwise.  Dh's numbers have gotten worse from our first go round and new RE believes IVF is our only option.

Part of me is mad at myself - Like why Can't I just be happy with the one I have - a lot of people don't even get that. But another part of me will never forgive myself if we don't do everything we can to try for #2.

We are currently planning on IVF in April/May with a FET in June.  We are hoping that by some miracle DH's numbers increase enough in the meantime (repeat SA in march) to do an IUI instead - but it's a hail mary at this point.
Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
3/6/16 BFP 
EDD: 11/14/16

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome! Baby dust coming your way. 
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry you find yourself here. 2nd IF is so hard because we all have one. BUT it is so very hard to give up on the futures we imagined. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome! Hope you're out of here in no time. :)