June 2016 Moms
Options

TWD- spoiler alert!! Don't open if you haven't watched 2/14 episode

fishwife799fishwife799 member
edited February 2016 in June 2016 Moms
I'm only 30 min in and about to have a damn anxiety attack. Anyone else watch and want to discuss?? 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

Re: TWD- spoiler alert!! Don't open if you haven't watched 2/14 episode

• Options
    Nobody?? 

What an amazing episdoe! Not what I selected. I thought for sure at least of my main peeps was gonna die but I was wrong. I really like how all the Alexandrites stepped up. I also enjoyed Gabriel finally growing a pair and Eugene going for it too. I'm still pissed at Ron and so glad that Michonne killed him and it wasn't just and walker that got him. Ugh, man. I think I need some anxiety meds for the rest of the season. I've heard it will be intense the whole way through. 

• Options
    I was literally screaming at the tv....my whole family was watching....I almost cried watching Rick lose so many people, but loved seeing Daryl save the day and omg what an amazing episode!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also thought that at least someone from Rick's group would die and not just people from Alexandria or other outside groups.  And how do you not die from being shot in the eyeball?? I'm feeling anxious about the rest of the season too.  What's going to happen when we meet Negan? I fell like at least some favorites wont make it theough the season, but who?
  • Options
    After we spent half of the season wondering if Glenn was dead or not I wonder if they will actually follow the comic to the T in what you are referring to it just seems like a waste of the plot line last season to do that to him. I could be way off though. My thought is that Daryl will be who that is played out on. Since he isn't actually in the comic  plus his character has changed so much that his arch could be done with, it makes sense to me that it would be him. Plus that would open the door for other relationships that are stronger in the comics to to emerge that a aren't there in the show. I know he isn't the only character that is no longer around in the comics but I just think it might be him. I could be way off though :) Also I think *most* fans know that Negan is bad news and and someone to be feared. We talk about it every week on my fb group form my last BMB and only one has read the novels and we all know who he is and how much of an impact he is going to have on the whole group/show. 

Another theory I have is that we will lose Maggie. I think that is one way they will twist the Glenn lives plot. Especially since she is pregnant and thay already have Judith. It seems crazy to me that they would have two babies in the show. I sometimes think they (producers and writes) are to scared to kill a baby in a way that would be believable to the show. It would be crossing a line that may lose a lot of fans for them. So adding another would make the show less believe able. Again this is all my opinion and my speculation. I need to just get off my butt and actually read the series. 

• Options
    @fishwife799

i agree with you 100%. I'm leaning more towards Daryl, but i do think Maggie is a possibility. It's going to have to be one of the two. I would be sad to see Maggie go. Her character in the show is so much better in the books. Recently in the books (2 years) she is much better but I hated her character for years. 

Daryl makes sense, for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but I wonder if the show is willing to take a chance at pissing off that many fan girls lol. Not saying I don't agree with them, he would be my number one in a zombie apocalypse for sure! 

I just cant cant see it being Glen after everything that has already happened, but maybe that's what they want us to think. Killing a pregnant Maggie though. Yikes. 

I think we will have a long wait before we find out though. I think it will be the last episode. There was a leaked video a few months back, pretty sure someone lost their job over it, and it was the scene we are referring to. Looked like a guy to me but it was so, so dark it was hard to tell. Lucille is definitely going to make a shocking appearance though. 

I will will have no fingernails left by the end of it I'm sure. 

And yes, read the books! So freaking good. Kirkman has also wrote a few novels that tell the back stories as well. It's weird watching the show. I have to just pretend it's an alternate universe or I get super shitty. But it's been fun. And episodes like last night make it worth the frustration! 
  • Options
    My H still thinks it will be Glen though. He says they will do it because nobody thinks they will and it will be shocking :)

• Options
    Definitely one of the best episodes to date. I was totally freaking out when the body count started off so high in the beginning. 

I also think Daryl is going to meet what initially is Glenn's fate. If they want the shock factor - that'd be the best route to take. I like the Maggie theory though.

I really need to read the comics. H has through compendium 2 so I know what happens but I need to get on it myself. 
  • Options
    I literally just finished watching, I had to work and get up at 4, so I didn't watch last night. It was a great episode! I love Abraham and Sasha, but I would rather see one of them bite the dust over Daryl or Glen. I loved that Daryl saved the day and blew up Negans  guys. 
    I don't usually cheer for kids to die, but Sam had to go, along with his brother. I loved the way everyone stepped up to save their town. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I actually loved that the show didn't follow the comic books closely at first. I have the 2 books that make up the comics a d have only finished the first one, but, for a change, I find the show so much better than the books.
    I know we are going to lose a loved character, but I really hope it's not glen or Daryl, but we shall see. I didn't get that far in the comics, but I know what happens when we meet Negan.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @fishwife799 I don't get to watch them until Monday nights but I'm all caught up. Is it bad after the first three people died I was like "okay come on who else is going to go??" This show has a hard time killing off people. 
  • Options
    I may have cheered when Sam and family bit the dust. I was not thrilled with those characters. I loved the surprise explosion of Negan's guys (no clue who Negan is yet as I haven't read the comics). &I love both Daryl and Glen, so I'm really hoping it's anyone else. I think both their character developments have been very interesting so it'd be a shame to lose them, although I agree with the above that Daryl's (and Carol's) development arc has been so thorough it might leave the writers with a loss of how to grow them further making die off more likely.
  • Options
    This is kinda embarrassing but I totally cried during the scene when Carl gets shot.. Lol 
    The acting was amazing. Michonne and Rick's reactions were perfect. I could feel how freaked out they were!
  • Options
    OMG I love this thread. the majority of my office watches TWD and thats literally what our Monday meeting was about. Most have also read the comics (I haven't) but they have filled me in on what happens since i don't mind "spoilers" (not saying they are actually show spoilers since the show doesn't always follow the comics).
    I definitely think Daryl will meet "Lucille", however some people in my office believe it will be Abe?!?
    Maggie or Glenn will get the boot as well I think this season, leaning more towards Maggie since I agree with what another PP mentioned, theres already another baby and 2 would possibly be too much.
    As much as I love Carol and her development, I think her arch was up last season so I wouldn't mind seeing her go but I doubt she will since shes a big cash cow for the show; many followers. 

One funny thing I've noticed..Blondes are not safe on TWD..Andrea, Beth, now Jesse lol. God help me if there is ever a zombie apocalypse. 
  • Options
    Ok, finally got a chance to watch! @MrsAlliKat I was thinking th same thing. I keep asking DH how he could get his eyeball shot out and not hit his brain. Looked like Ron was head on. 

O love Maggie and Glen, but if the kill Daryl I will be irrationally angry. You can't have TWD without Daryl. And if they kill Michonne I'll quit watching altogether. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    fishwife799fishwife799 member
    edited February 2016
    I think the bullet grazed his eye and the bone on the outer part of his eye. That's how he didn't die. It didn't actually go in his head. At first I thought it did and I was like "no effing way they just killed Carl!" DH was like "he isn't dead. You think he would stand there and say dad if he was dying?" Then I realized what he meant. But man I was shocked. 

Also, kind of a morbid FWIW I know some who tried to kill them self with a gun to the face and he actually survived. It was a shot gun and close range. 

• Options
    Disclaimer: I havent read the books and I have no idea what happens in them beyond what the comments above say.

I'm sooo late to the game on this, but we finally watched it last night.

I was sad to see the mom go, but wasn't too upset about either of her kids. Definitely also cheered when Michonne killed him. I also loved the way everyone stepped up and fought. I was really hoping that was what was going to happen. When Rick headed outside to start killing i was just like ugh finally someone has the right idea!

I have no idea who i think is going to die. I kind of feel like Daryl and Rick and likely Carl are probably going to stick around for a while because i think there is a demographic that would probably stop watching the show if they lost one of them so they may sway from the books (i have not read.) for the sake of keeping the show alive but maybe not! Personally for me Glen is an easier loss than Daryl, but I also really like the storyline of Glen and Maggie. I think it would be sad to see Maggie go as shes the last surviving character from her family. So while I get that people are going to die, I personally like the idea of even 1 part of the families/groups sticking around. Which i actually think was kind of what Glen was talking about to Enid in the church, So i could see that theme being used.

However, i am not sure on the idea of not creating another baby (by either killing Maggie, or killing the baby) I get that it holds them back to some degree, but it also makes sense from the side of keeping the human race alive. (Again havent read the book.) Assuming they were able to truly find some kind of peaceful situation that actually stayed that way (unlikely.) the goals would then be to again get a water source, start growing food, and eventually procreating to begin to replenish the human race. So while i see the point of 2 babies kind of being somewhat of a drawback to the situation and hard to really handle in the given situation, I also could see it happening because it just kind of seems like a natural progression of the situation. Also i dont know exactly how much time has supposedly passed, but im thinking Judith should be a little older soon, no? Wasnt she born like 3 years ago give or take? I would imagine by the time shes 5 or 6 her character would start becoming more of a part.

I am not looking forward to Negan. I am totally annoyed by all those characters and was so glad when Daryl blew them up. I really really foresee a lot of eye rolling and huffing and puffing when that storyline kicks up.

Feel free to interject with how my ideas reference the book or will never happen because of what happens later on. 

• Options
    Next Sunday I'll get on during the show and see if anyone else is watching at the same time! This week we had to watch it late because H was out of town and BIL always watches it with us so we had to wait to all be together. We're obsessed with the show!