Stay at Home Moms
Options

Work from home moms

I am I new mom, my son was born on August 1st and my fiance decided he does not want me to return to work. I do not think we can afford for me to not work so I was wondering if anyone knew of any REAL work from home jobs. If so where can I apply? Thank you in advanced for all of your help!

Re: Work from home moms

• Options
    MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited August 2015
    What did you do for work prior to your son being born?  Is it possible you could find a job within your profession/skill set that offers you the ability to work from home?  
  • Options
    I've never heard of anything legit. I do have one (extremely outgoing) friend who has done okay with direct marketing. She even got a car out of the deal. But I think she is the exception. 
    It might be better to try to cut costs. I was able to save us a lot of money by cutting our budget, which is kind of like bringing in money. 
    You said he wants you to stay home, but what do YOU want to do? A lot of moms are happier working, even just part time.
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Direct sales are legit opportunities.  I, personally, sell Jamberry Nails and It Works! Global products.  With direct sales you can work on your time and build your business as you want.  There are startup costs for the kits, but you can earn your money back easily if you put in the time.  I work on my computer doing Facebook and Twitter posts and Facebook parties.  If you can spare a night or few, again depending on how much you want to work, you can do home parties.  It's just a thought.  Not trying to get you to join or anything but its an option because there are so many different companies for whatever interests you.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I am I new mom, my son was born on August 1st and my fiance decided he does not want me to return to work. I do not think we can afford for me to not work so I was wondering if anyone knew of any REAL work from home jobs. If so where can I apply? Thank you in advanced for all of your help!
    Whether you work or not should be a joint decision, not his decision. 

even if you find a "legitimate" WFH job, you still need childcare. No one is going to pay you to work and watch your kid simultaneously. (unless perhaps you look after another child as a source of income)
    Married July 2009, Rescue dog adopted September 2010, DS born June 2012
    Expecting LO2 in February 2016
    Ghost of MrsMuq
  • Options
    MrsFL2015 said:
    What did you do for work prior to your son being born?  Is it possible you could find a job within your profession/skill set that offers you the ability to work from home?  
    I freelance as a market research analyst. But I've been doing this work for 11 years. I can't WFH and watch DS, too. I work only when he's sleeping/at preschool/MH is watching him.
    Married July 2009, Rescue dog adopted September 2010, DS born June 2012
    Expecting LO2 in February 2016
    Ghost of MrsMuq
  • Options
    I haven't started back up again since my third was born, but I watch another LO in our home full-time and it's great!  My kids have a playmate and we earn a little extra money, I was charging $390 a week.  We are still super close with the two families I worked for in the past, it really was a win-win for everyone.
  • Options
    A paper route...
  • Options
    Do YOU want to go back to work?  I hope you don't feel pressured to stay home just because your fiance wants you to.

If you do really want to stay home, I agree with some of the options that a few others have suggested.  I have a few friends that babysit a few kids, some waitress on nights and weekends.  I"m also in direct sales and that has been a huge blessing for me and my family too.  It's flexible, you can work as much or as little as you want and when you want, so I never pay for daycare.
  • Options
    Personally, I do freelance web design and marketing from home. I also run a blog and make some small amounts from advertising products I love. In the past, I've also been paid for writing guest articles. If you're crafty, Etsy is another option. 
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    I agree with making sure staying home is what you want. My DH wanted me to quit my job. I made sure to make it clear I needed to ultimately make the decision. I was the one that would have to leave a job I loved and I did not want to feel like I had been pressured into the situation and resent him. We agreed that I would step down from my manager roll to just go part time on the weekends. I stay home with our daughter and babysit another baby for a little extra income (I give them a deal because they are friends).

It has been kind of rough not having as much going on (I had a fast paced job) and am extremely glad I made sure I did not feel pressured because I would have ended up resenting him like I feared. 
  • Options
    I have struggled with this for quite some time. I agree with others, a work at home job is what you make it. I have tutored, done copy editing and writing from home - which I loved - but I was worn down from trying to balance it all with staying home with my three children. It was hard to be home working while the kids were home with their nanny. Plus, I felt like I was constantly looking for more freelance work. Every time one thing was going really well - the job would end and I would be looking for more work. I can honestly say that work I am doing now - distributing for a company - gives me a better work life balance and I really enjoy it. It is my passion, so it doesn't feel like work as much. I run my blog and market for essential oils. Yes, it is network marketing, but really, any job is that. You are constantly working for someone else. I enjoy the flexibility this gives me and the ability to share what I love with others - it is really what you make it. xoxo
    Alicia
    Mom to Three Sweet Things
    Lifestyle Blog and Health and Wellness