1st Trimester

Backed up!

I'm almost 6 weeks.   I eat pretty healthy and drink tons of water.   I am so bloated and backed up its killing me.   I usually take chia seeds daily to keep things moving,  but that isn't even working.   I used to be clockwork when it came to #2.  Now it's every few days and it's literally like pooping out a brick or a baseball.   It's awful!    This is my 3rd pregnancy and I have never experienced this symptom.    

And suggestions?   Again- I eat plenty of veg,  fruit and whole grains and drink a lot of water.    

Re: Backed up!

• Add a daily probiotic to the mix and try apple or prune juice. I still have a cup of coffee every morning which for me always gets things moving. 
  • I second what @PinkLady2015 said I use a probiotic yogurt and when things get bad have some caffeine and that seems to get things going :) sorry to hear you are struggling right now! If it continues I'd suggest talking to your dr. about adding in something to help! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.   I do have a coffee a day still as well.   I'll see if I can stomach yogurt!   
  • veetveet said:
    Thanks ladies.   I do have a coffee a day still as well.   I'll see if I can stomach yogurt!   
    Call your nurses line they may suggest colace or something similar. 

• Definitely look into probiotics and/or fiber supplement! 
  • colace is the answer
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• If your prenatal vitamins have iron, you may want to consider switching to one without iron. I haven't been taking vitamins with iron, but I eat a relatively healthy/balanced diet and my iron levels have been fine without it.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• What everyone else said plus apple juice! I make sure to have apple juice every day which helps a lot. Also, avoid cheese. Not just
    cut back on cheese, avoid it completely! 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Prune juice does it for me. Orange juice on an empty stomach does it too. If your eating dry chia seeds that could be causing some bloat since they expand with moisture (according to my acupuncturist). Try ginger, papaya .... Last resort Taco Bell that will for sure do it!

i take iron supplements per doc orders but on a empty stomach and with orange juice. I don't seem to get the rumored constipation.
  • If you can't stomach the yogurt, the Pearl probiotics work really well (you can get them in the digestive section of any pharmacy/drug store/grocery store.
  • Colace has been my bff since about 8 weeks. I take 2 a day and it keeps me fairly regular, but not like it was pre-pregnancy. Also, I find that when things get REALLY bad, I'll overdose myself on dairy and that gets it out!! The people at Cold Stone know me by name ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Colace has been my bff since about 8 weeks. I take 2 a day and it keeps me fairly regular, but not like it was pre-pregnancy. Also, I find that when things get REALLY bad, I'll overdose myself on dairy and that gets it out!! The people at Cold Stone know me by name ;) 
    Now I want cold stone!! 

• PRUNES!!!! Probiotic yogurt for sure too. 
    *BFP and Loss Warning*

Married 10/01/11 to my partner in crime
    TTC #1 since 01/15 
    Me: PCOS 
    3 cycles of Clomid + TI - BFN
    IUI #1 Femara + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    MC 07/15
    IUI #2-4 Femara + Ovidrel +Crinone - BFFN >:(
    IUI #5-6 Follistim + Ovidrel + Crinone - BFFN!
      IUI #7 Follistim + Ganirelix + Ovidrel + Prometrium + Baby Aspirin - BFP! PLEASE STICK!!!
    1/25 Beta #1: 389, #2: 940! IT'S TWINS! 
    TEAM DOUBLE PINK!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Calcium magnesium liquid (vanilla flavored) or magnesium supplements (magnesium oil spray) nightly help keep me regular.  Has the added bonus of keeping leg cramps (in third tri) and some morning sickness symptoms at bay. 
  • Apples or pear juice works well. Colace is the only answer sometimes though if it gets bad enough