July 2015 Moms
Options

First Pool Day!

So it's been in the high 80s in SoCal! I know, so weird. Well, we went and picked up a baby raft, sun hat, and baby Coola sunscreen (already had plenty of bath suits) and headed to DH's parent's house and they heated their spa to only 90 for her! OMG she loved it! No surprise, she loves her bath, such a water baby! But it was so exciting seeing her experience this new thing! And we are starting parent and me swim classes in March, so looking forward to it!

Anyone else have a water baby on their hands yet? I know a lot of people are in snowy climates so not trying to rub it in, I was just so excited to share!

Don't worry, husband is holding her, it looks like she's floating by herself but she's not! Safety first!!!

Re: First Pool Day!

• Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited February 2016
    Don't worry mama! Although I'm in the east coast and can't wait for summer, but I'm glad you guys are enjoying Cali weather! We Will be going there this Christmas! Can't wait! And I have a water baby!! My son loves the water!! Today he had a poop explosion (lol) so I had to bathe him and filled the sink with water and he loves it!!!  Although he no longer fits in the sink but he still loves to splash!

I'm looking into mommy and me classes also, hoping to have him have his fist time in a real pool before the summer! :blush: 

@ABubbaEdited to to add that your little one looks so happy and adorable in that pink bathing suit! :smile: 
  • Options
    This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! We're in Houston and it's been 75-80. Sooo crazy! It's normally freezing in February! Temperatures look to be staying warm too. We haven't done a pool day, but great idea. We just might next weekend, my parents have a pool :) Where did you get the raft this time of year? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We definitely don't have the weather for it, but it is something I've been thinking about. DH and I both can't swim but I really want our LO to be able to. However, we may push it off a few years so I'm not completely nerve racked.
  • Options
    I signed DD up for swim lessons thru the YMCA but only two people signed up for the same time slot. So, we got pushed back. I can't wait for her to get in the pool!! 

That pic is too adorable!!
  • Options
    Oh thank you ladies! ☺️ @lindseystans we got it at Buy Buy Baby and I noticed target already has all the swimsuit stuff out! It was so much fun even preparing for her big adventure! Hehe I'm such a nerd
  • Options
    he looks nice and relaxed in the last picture 
  • Options
  • Options
    We started LO on swim classes when he was 2 months old...he loves it! It's so cool to watch his comfort and confidence grow every week. I want him to be able to swim as soon as he can. My cousin's son died in a drowning accident when he was 2 years old, so water safety is super important to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SnarkasaurusRex I'm sorry for your family's loss. Getting them into water safety early is very important like you said. Everyone we know has a pool and we live by the beach so we are being proactive as well.  

My husband was first worried that she may be more drawn to the pool after she starts lessons but I told him, let's get real, our baby is already obsessed with water just from baths and at least this gives her the opportunity to learn skills and safety!
  • Options
    Thank you!   :)