March 2016 Moms

Care after c-section?

did any of you have some type of belly band support after your c-section? I am scheduled for one and wondering if a support band will help or hinder recovery/pain...

Re: Care after c-section?

• 2-Step2-Step member
    edited February 2016
    My doc advised against any sort of belly band that presses tightly on the incision or could slip up and the edge could hit it. I didn't use one the first two times. I did buy the cpanty this time because it specifically has a spot for the incision and it is part of a high waist panty rather than a band that can slip. He said the bands are ok after the 6 week checkup only. 
  • Great, which one did you use and how did you like it?
  • Loading the player...
  • I never used one.
  • I never used one and about to go for my third csection
  • The hospital sent me home with two belly bands (with Velcro) that were supposed to help with recovery and support.
  • I never used one and healed fine
  • Never used one last time but considering this time. I really trust my OB so I'll ask what she thinks about them.
    i wonder if you can return them unused. I'm hoping for a vbac but want to be prepared.
  • Lurking from December 15, I didn't use one after my section and healed just fine, I can't imagine having had any pressure against my abdomen. I know someone who used one after her second section and swore by it.  
  • I used one for my last two c sections.  I loved having the support.  My doctor ordered one for me and the nurse helped me with it the day after my surgery.  I am delivering at a different hospital so I am bringing the one from my last delivery.  We put one of the massive pads over the incision so it would not rub against the edge of the belly band.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker}