1st Trimester

Polyps on cervix

Hi everyone! 
I have a 13 year old and finally my husband and I got pregnant after losing 40 pounds!  I wanted to suprise my family with the news, thinking I was 7-8 weeks pregnant, but my dr. Appt was the day after the dinner, so I went to an ultrasound clinic and found out I was only 5 weeks and 6 days! We saw the heart beat and got some pictures of the flickering! We were elated, and although it was very early in the pregnancy we went ahead and broke the news! The next day was the doctors appt, and while I was giving a urine sample, I noticed some blood! I got very nervous! The doctor did and vaginal exam and saw that my cervix was slightly open and something pink coming out. She discontinued the exam and ordered HCG level blood tests and gave me a few days off. I was devastated! What else can an open cervix mean? I literally watched movies in bed all day expecting the worse! Now, it's been 5 days and have not had any bleeding or cramping. I am still having my pregnancy symptoms and some new ones at that! I went on google, despite my husband's words of advice, and stumbled upon polyps coming out of the uterus. Has anyone else had polyps? Does your uterus appear to be open because of the polyp coming out? My appointment isn't for another week and I'm dying over here!!! In all reality, I feel alot more positive about it and I really feel like baby is still growing in there! Anyone else had a similar experience? 

Re: Polyps on cervix

• Hi, I personally don't have any experience but wanted to drop in and offer my support. So sorry you are going through this and I'll be praying it turns out well for you! 

Please though for your sake stay away from Google! I'm glad to hear you haven't had any spotting or cramping for several days though. Continue to stay positive and remember "today you are pregnant"!  Hope things continue to improve for you :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• This is why it's good to wait to tell family. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully HCG numbers keep going up. It's a good if you have not had crapping or heavy bleeding. Get some rest, and new additional pregnancy symptoms are a good sign. Doesn't sound like mc unless it was threatened and maybe now it's not. 
  • Loading the player...
  • lol the joys of hormonal women commenting. 
  • Glow360 said:
    lol the joys of hormonal women commenting. 
    Yes maybe it's time for you to step back and let yours simmer down. Before telling people "this is why it's good not to tell" when she is going through a difficult time. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• megstervt said:
    Glow360 said:
    This is why it's good to wait to tell family. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully HCG numbers keep going up. It's a good if you have not had crapping or heavy bleeding. Get some rest, and new additional pregnancy symptoms are a good sign. Doesn't sound like mc unless it was threatened and maybe now it's not. 
     OP I don't have any specific advice about polyps.  However I did want to address this.  As someone who has previously experienced m/c I purposely told people early about this pregnancy.  I wanted to celebrate this life for however long I could and I wanted the support of my friends and family if something was to happen.  Not everyone shares the traditional view of waiting to share pregnancy news and when people share is a deeply personal decision.  It's neither good nor bad to wait.
    You beat me to it but I just wanted to reiterate this point.  We told our parents at 4w2d with the disclaimer that it was still early so things could go wrong.  We wanted there to be someone to turn to if things did go wrong and both my mother and my MIL have unfortunately suffered their share of miscarriages so we knew they would understand what we were going through.  Not everyone waits until later on to tell close family.  
  • Hugs to you OP.
    hopefully the bleeding stays away and things go well from here on out!

do not feel bad about telling people early, that is perfectly fine and the support is helpful regardless of how a pregnancy goes. Celebrate this baby however you wish!

best of luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• OP, hope things get better for you! Creepy internet hugs going your way.

I hope an MC is not your case but I will share with you my experience. I first got pregnant last April/May. We were super excited since I was at risk of infertility due to endo. We told close friends and family right away (by 5 wks). I started to have heavy bleeding within a day of my first blood work. Needless to say we miscarried. It hit me really hard and then having to tell others made me feel worse. Many tried to give advise and sat me down to pray but I just felt like I needed to be alone. I still think about what could have been. A month later we started trying again. After 2 months boom we got another positive. We waited to tell until we got at least two sets of blood work done. Things looked good but had to be on bed rest all first tri. We told our parents after the blood work, close friends around 8 wks, and the rest of the family and world around 13 wks. Recently I found out that there was a rumor going around in my family about my mc which is really sad. That was a very personal time and there are reasons why they didn't know about it. 

Who you tell and when is up to you. Yes things can happen at anytime. But you can't always be thinking that way or you may have a harder time enjoying your pregnancy. Think about what kind of support you will need should anything happen. Who can you vent to and feel comfortable. Pregnancy has been really hard for me and hate being pregnant but that does not mean I don't love my baby. He's a true blessing and look forward to holding him in a few weeks. I am glad to have announced the way I did this time around. 

Best wishes!!!
  • MamaBish said:
    Glow360 said:
    This is why it's good to wait to tell family. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Hopefully HCG numbers keep going up. It's a good if you have not had crapping or heavy bleeding. Get some rest, and new additional pregnancy symptoms are a good sign. Doesn't sound like mc unless it was threatened and maybe now it's not. 
    Did you know that loss is possible at any point in pregnancy? So should people never tell anyone and just have family wonder about the pot belly I'm developing over the next several months? Surprise! Here's a baby! Oh wait, then something may happen to my child so should I hide their existence forever? When does it end??
    ***Trigger Warning***

Thank you @MamaBish. I knew a woman who had her last appt before she was scheduled to be induced 48 hours later and everything was fine. By the next evening she hadn't felt movement and went to the e.r. She found out less than 24 hours before her induction that her baby had wrapped his cord around his neck and died from loss of oxygen. Loss CAN indeed happen at any time. 

***End Trigger Warning***

O.p., I told my husband, mother, sister, his brother and father, a handful of very close friends, and all of my coworkers immediately. I knew these were the people I would need support from if I faced something tragic OR if I had a miserable first trimester and needed to take it easy. It would have been heartbreaking to have to tell them about a loss, but I was confident that I would get the love and support needed from them to help make my days livable. You know your people, if you wanted them to know, that is your right and decision. As for the health issue; I wish you luck and hope to hear a good update.