TTC After a Loss

If you've had a multiple miscarriage, how soon did you ovulate again?

Hi all! As the discussion title says, I'm curious to hear when others ovulated again after losing a multiples pregnancy.

I lost twins back at 10 weeks back in late July. I went back on the birth control pill after because I just wanted to take some time to grieve and went off of it again in late December, but whenever I take a Clear Blue test first thing in the morning, it says I'm not ovulating, even though I'm getting some of the symptoms of ovulation (cramping, CM, high sex drive) but even if I were ovulating, it's a slightly short luteal phase (10 days?). I'm seeing my OBGYN in a couple of weeks to discuss but ugh, that feels like it's forever from now :(

Re: If you've had a multiple miscarriage, how soon did you ovulate again?

• I'm so sorry for your losses!

I wish I had insight on the multiples but I only have my experience. 

I miscarried in early November. Had a d&c the day before Thanksgiving. I've bled three times since I stopped bleeding post surgery. It would appear that this cycle is the first one I'll actually be ovulating. I've thought I've had two periods and should have ovulated at least one other time before now.... But I'm having my first lh surge today.... Hopefully ovulation is imminent. 

Everyone is different but I've definitely learned from this board that the range is quite broad.... Even for singles loss. 

Keep going! That's all any of us can do. I hope you can get answers from your Dr if you don't get any in the meantime. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Ps I'm on cd10 so it seems a little short for me too... But I'm just rolling with it! 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your losses.

I have not been pregnant with twins, but I had 2 MCs in 2015, the 1st at almost 9 weeks (D&C) and the 2nd at only 5 weeks. I wasn't charting my temperature or using ovulation tests for either, but I did use clear blue ovulation test after my 2nd MC and I also started temping. They both confirmed that I ovulated the following month after the 2nd MC. Temping also showed that my LP (luteal phase) was short, 10-11 days. I'm not sure if that is because of the MCs or if I always had a short LP. Either way, I started seeing an acupuncturist and she has gotten my LP up to 14 days. 

However, every body is different and this is just what i experienced. I hope you get the answers you need from your OB. Good luck! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry for your losses. Again, not multiples, but after my D&C on 6/22, I ovulated again on 7/16... which is odd, because I only got a beta of 5 and cleared on 7/15, and my last day popping an HPT was 7/2. I was 9w2d.
  • Thanks for sharing :) I'm also sorry for all of your losses! *hug* 

I took another ClearBlue test this morning at CD12 and it's suddenly showing a smiley face :smiley: so I guess I was just showing symptoms a few days early.
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited February 2016
    I had my first loss in November. I ovulated 17 days later and got pregnant. 

I lost that baby at 10 weeks (4 weeks ago), but didn't ovulate prior to my period. I'm hoping that I ovulate within the next 2 weeks. 

Edit. Sorry read fhis wrong. I read it as multiple miscarriages