Pregnant after IF

Anyone has normal pregnancy with very very low Hcg ??? 5 week Hcg only 210!

Sarah1516Sarah1516 member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after IF
Today is exactly 5 weeks. 4 days ago the Hcg was 33. It is doubling normally but Doctor said it is too low for 5 weeks.

Anyone has similar experience? Does it end with a normal/chemical/or ectopic pregnancy.

I am very worried right now. Outrasound is next Wednesday to see if there is a sac. 

Re: Anyone has normal pregnancy with very very low Hcg ??? 5 week Hcg only 210!

• Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's anything else to do but wait. Has your RE scheduled you in for a third beta? 
  • Yes. 3rd beta on17dpiui. 
  • Loading the player...
  • KidShrinkKidShrink member
    edited February 2016
    I think the third one will give you a better idea of what's happening. What has your RE said about it?
  • The nurse told me it is like a chemical pregnancy when she informed me of the first beta. And she said the doctor wanted to follow the trend and check my beta again when she told me the result of my 2nd beta. 

Chemicl pregnancy is fine to me. The think I worry most is ectopic pregnancy. But my Hsg result is good.

• riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited February 2016
    Good luck to you on upcoming betas! I also hope it's not ectopic. With it over doubling though, my tendency would be to think it's either ectopic or a normal pregnancy, but that third beta really will be more informative. Was your IUI timed with a trigger shot? If so, how many hours after? Did you do TI after? Do you have MFI? I'm just trying to know if it's possible you could have conceived after your IUI. I'm also surprised they did a repeat beta after 3 because my understanding was that anything under 5 was considered not pregnant  (I thought a normal HCG of a non pregnant woman was up to 5). I've also heard implantation can take up to 14 days, so it's possible you're just a late implanter. Please keep us updated. What day is your next beta? 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional thank you for your information. We did iui not TI. So the date is quite accurate. 
    I actually hope tomorrow's beta goes down and it ends up with a chemical pregnancy.
  • I understand you did IUI, but if you also had sex afterwards and your IUI was not properly timed, the date could definitely be incorrect. I was on the IF board long enough to know and see some ladies who did an IUI without a trigger shot or a properly timed IUI. I believe you misunderstood my questions. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • @riveridgional thanks. I undersand your question. I only had iui, no TI. So the date won't be wrong.
  • Don't give up hope, you could still have a normal healthy pregnancy..