Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-In FEB 8* NEW BOARD LEADER NEEDED NOW

TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after IF
***NEW BOARD LEADER NEEDED*** 

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: What crazy dreams have you had since being pregnant?

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:

@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/4/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@BrightenMySky 8/18/16
@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@vnegron87 EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????
@ehanssmann EDD ??????
@Annacygirl EDD ??????
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
2003- M/C twins
2006 - ectopic
2014- Son born in May via IVF
2015 - BFP number two via FET

Re: *1st Tri Check-In FEB 8* NEW BOARD LEADER NEEDED NOW

• Ladies! I am now in the 2nd Tri board, but I wanted to keep the board going for you all.  We need a new leader for this board. All you have to do is copy and paste the main thread and update with any EDD that come in. We all need the support and it's nice having others to talk to through this journey, especially the first trimester.  <3
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 I will volunteer to be the leader! I'm new to this thread and very cautiously joining, but my EDD is 10/12/16. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow. It's nice to see some familiar ladies from the IF boards :)

QOTW: Most of my dreams are about pregnancy so far, but the weirdest one I had was dropping all of my positive HPTs behind a toilet at school and then freaking out about it. The toilet was also located in a place we don't have a toilet, but a place I spend a ton of time. It was weird then, maybe not now haha. 
    Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @takethelongway!!  I was going to volunteer but I only have two weeks left - which seems CRAZY!!  And CONGRATULATIONS!  So happy for you! :)

AFM, 11w1d here.  Feeling great.  

QOTW: I don't even remember many of my dreams, just that they seem to last all night and are frighteningly real.  The first few weeks after my BFP, I was having scary and/or bad dreams.  Now they're benign but long and vivid! 
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @takethelongway THANK YOU for volunteering!!! And congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• PiperellaPiperella member
    edited February 2016
    Hi all... continuing my cross posting of my week and including it in my update.

I'm currently 6w3d with one beautiful baby with a hb of 119(6w2d).

**pregnancy/miscarriage/TMI talk**  I went to grab lunch yesterday and when I was headed back to work, I started feeling these super sharp cramps.  I made it inside my cubicle and went back to the bathroom because something just didn't feel right.  When I sat down, my pantyliner and underwear were soaked in bright red blood.  When I wiped, there was just so much blood.  I then was getting huge clots, the size of a small fist.  I lost so much blood I started shaking and luckily had taken my cell phone with me. I never do (eww germs) but was able to text my husband as to what I thought was happening.  I made it out of the bathroom and a coworker was washing her hands.  She said I was pale as a ghost, helped me wash my hands, and got me back to my cubicle so I could sit down.  My asst. director called the doctor's office for me and my husband was on his way to pick me up.  Of course I'm hyperventilating and crying hysterically.  

Fast forward to the RE being able to squeeze me in an hour later.  He was very sweet and made sure we were ready for whatever we saw on the u/s.  As soon as he started it, we saw my uterus with the sack and a pulsing heartbeat!!  So yes, we have one.  The hb was 119 at 6w2d.  The RE said that I was most likely carrying twins, and I had a complete miscarriage of one.  He said that it wasn't a vanishing twin as it didn't just reabsorb in my body.  It was a very bittersweet and traumatic day yesterday.  He said the baby inside me is in a perfect spot and looked every bit of perfect inside me. I go back tomorrow morning for a follow-up ultrasound to check the surviving twin. I am trying to be logical in that the miscarriage of the one twin had to happen because of abnormalities or because it wasn't healthy.  It hurts knowing I never saw the heartbeat, but I am thankful that I got to see the other's heartbeat.  Hopefully it will keep fighting and be a successful full term pregnancy.  I'm not trying to scare anyone or anything, I just wanted to share with you all. I haven't even told my parents.  We just told them that we had one healthy baby.  Both parents asked if I was okay not having twins... It hurt and I just said I was, because that will be my truth, but I do want to tell them in time once I process my own feelings.  Thank you for reading this and helping me process and write out my feelings and what happened.
    **end**

QOTW: What crazy dreams have you had since being pregnant?  The PIO is causing some seriously vivid dreams, but most of them are my anxieties.  I did have a dream a few days before the bittersweet day happened where I woke up and told DH that I think there was just one now...  Coincidence or Intuition?  I have no idea.
  • @emsmama15 Thank you! I can't believe you only have two weeks left. I feel like you just got your BFP!

@terramae80 Thank you :)

@piperella I am so sorry for your loss, but am so glad you still have a healthy baby in there! Lots of good healing thoughts headed your way!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey
  • Oh @Piperella, I'm so happy you were able to see your little one's heartbeat, but so very sad for you that you lost your other twin.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts as you grieve the loss of your little one and I hope your remaining little bean is a sticky one.  Hang in there.  BIG HUGS...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Piperella I am so very sorry for your loss and that you had to go through that traumatic experience. I am glad you have a little fighter and you're in my thoughts for a healthy and happy nine months to come. <3
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Thanks, ladies!  I had another ultrasound today and the baby's heartbeat is now 125. They did find a spot of blood still where the sac was, so they said I will bleed at some point and it would be a bit heaver than spotting, but that it was okay.  Because I'm A- blood type, I have to go tomorrow morning for the Rh immunoglobulin (RhIg) shot.  I was able to make it at work for 4 hours today, so I'd say it was a success.  
  • We are back today from our week long cruise. I'm happy to say no mosquito bites for me, we did not see any mosquitos but I had lots of bug spray on the whole time. 
    piperella, so sorry for your loss but glad you have your bean!! 
  • @katie121209 That is great to hear! 
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    December 2016-Natural CP
    Follow our journey