Cloth Diapering

Cheaper but same fit as BumGenius

What diapers do you use and like that fit just like BumGenius, but with a cheaper price tag? I scooped up a bunch of 4.0s and Freetimes on sale, but don't want to fork over more cash at full price :( I want to build my stash with diapers that share a very similar fit. I prefer OS but still minimal bulk, and pockets over AIO.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cheaper but same fit as BumGenius

• I haven't found any with the strechy tabs that fit like bg

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited February 2016
    Oh man, nothing beats Bum Genius. 

Buuuuut, we use a cheaper brand (Adovely Baby Love) during the day and BG at night. It works very well for us. 

Adovely is one of those sets you can get on Amazon. Mine was $40 and it came with 7 pocket diapers, 7 inserts and a wet diaper bag. 

As I write this, I completely forgot how much I love my Bumkins snap-in-two's...you can snag them for $10 on Woot when they have a random sale. 
  • Loading the player...

• As I write this, I completely forgot how much I love my Bumkins snap-in-two's...you can snag them for $10 on Woot when they have a random sale. 
    This makes me happy. LO isn't here yet but I've purchased SEVERAL (more than I realized) Bumkins off the Woot sales and I'm hoping they'll work well for her. 
  • barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited February 2016
    Oh, yay! I find them to be more accommodating of different shapes and sizes. They have more snaps which means more ways to make it fit your little tater tot. 

Plus, they have super cute prints! Bum genius just won't get on board! I have a Cat in the Hat Bumkins diaper and I'm obsessed with it!
  • If you don't mind gently used diapers I've been able to get some awesome deals on Craigslist and at my local cloth diaper store. Most of the time its people who didn't end up following trough with the CDing and the diapers were only used a few times. 
  • I would receommend B/S/T sites or craiglsist as well. 
    Have you tried Flips? They obviosuly fit similarly to their BG counterparts, but becasue they are just covers you can buy more for much less.  Throw a flour sack towel over your BG newborn insert and will be surprised at how much it will absorb. 
  • I actually do have a couple flips, but they aren't my go to simply because stool easily gets on the cover since she's a newborn. I could definitely try a fst though. They're cheap enough that if I don't like them it's not a loss. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 7 Freetimes and 1 Thirsties AIO plus a few other diapers on the swap thread over at the new home for the old cd board members if you're interested in used - or send me a pm for info on the diapers.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook