3rd Trimester
Options

Bulging sac

i had my 38 week check up today, I am 3 cm dialated with a bulging amniotic sac, I was wondering if any other women have experienced a bulging sac around the final weeks, and what it means and if I should watch for anything. (I've had preterm labor contractions since 34 weeks but nothing remotely close to strong labor contractions 7-10 min apart still, also last week I was effaced to 60% but my doctor didn't mention effacement this week and I forgot to ask) 

Re: Bulging sac

• Options
    your doctor didn't explain to you what a bulging sac could mean & if you should watch for anything?
  • Options
    He told me what it is, but didn't tell me what to watch for, other than normal labor signs 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A bulging sac, I believe, just means you are on point for your water to break and you should be watching for any signs pointing to labor.  Congratulations....sounds like you're in the home stretch and baby could be arriving any day now!!!
  • Options
    I probably would have asked my doctor. But I'd assume since he didn't mention anything specifically, you'd probably want to just watch out for your water breaking, and other signs of labor. But that's just my assumption based on the zero medical training I've had. 
  • Options
    I have a dirty mind and definitely thought of something else when I read "bulging sac"....... 
    Yup, this.