3rd Trimester

Chocolate Candy

Does anyone know how much caffeine is in one king size pack of unwrapped Reese's minis? I had to eat something with caffeine, because I have had a persistent headache for three days! 

Re: Chocolate Candy

• Loading the player...
  • 3rd trimester and still concerned about caffeine in chocolate? Go you! 
    That ship sailed a LONG time ago for me.. Chocolate doesn't count, haha. I'd drink a half can of soda/small cup of coffee.. You're not really gonna kick the headache with the caffeine content in food. 
  • Eeekkkkk probably enough that your child is going to have major ADHD problems. Good luck with that.

It wasn't meant seriously.

No kidding?
  • Sooooooo gatorade g2, dyes, minor amounts of caffeine, any other questions?
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• King size Reeces Minis...oxy moron much?
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Lurking from 2nd tri.... Again... :)

if if I would have cut out caffeine, my entire family probably would have murdered me already.... The first question I asked my dr was "how much coffee can I have while pregnant". The amount of caffeine in chocolate is so small it makes me giggle that people are overly concerned. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Um yeah I still have my morning cup of coffee everyday and sometimes two cups a day if its a long day with DS, you're fine and this is third tri board anyways, so if you've made it this far already....
  • BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited February 2016

Just check out the girl's previous threads she has started. Her chocolate/caffeine question will make infinitely more sense then.

Yes, it does make more sense now. But give the girl a break. She's probably young, not experienced and an EXTREME worrier. Not everyone develops common sense as they get older and some people actually don't know that Google has every answer you could probably ever need.
  • Just check out the girl's previous threads she has started. Her chocolate/caffeine question will make infinitely more sense then.

Yes, it does make more sense now. But give the girl a break. She's probably young, not experienced and an EXTREME worrier. Not everyone develops common sense as they get older and some people actually don't know that Google has every answer you could probably ever need.

I did feel empathetic at first. But then after multiple informative, rational replies to her bizarre questions, they just keep coming. If she retained ANY of the advice from ANY of the previous threads she has started she would in fact know the answers to her questions as most of the answers are the exact same (calm down, you're fine, you're not hurting your baby, etc.)

I think she is just the kind of person that likes to ask for but not take advice. We all know one.

Ahhh yes, one of those. Unfortunately we do all know one.
  • it has to be an anxiety disorder, or she has done absolutely zero research about what is safe & what is not.
    I'm young & inexperienced, & i do consider myself quite the worrier. but I've never been concerned about the amounts of caffeine in a chocolate bar, a tiny bit of mold on cheese, artificial flavoring in Gatorade (especially when she drinks Sprite daiky), etc. so she's either doing this to get us revved up, or she must have some sort of anxiety disorder causing her to worry about such tiny things.
  • lol at using chocolate to cure a headache (no matter how young you may be). Read the package!

I had chocolate, a diet coke AND a cup of coffee today. And I don't regret it.
  • Once I get one of those headaches chocolate just won't cut it. The only thing that helps is coffee