Trouble TTC
Options

1st iui failed

hi, my husband and I have been ttc for about 3 years now. Just to give a lil background I'm 29 and have been through a plethora of tests to find out what is going on. DH was diagnosed with varicocele which he had Surgery for to try to increase sperm count, motility and morphology. SA is definitely better but not great. Been through an emotional roller coaster and just mad at the world trying to figure out why me? Finally decided to do iui in Jan and tested today to get my BFN. What a surprise? AF is soon to arrive. Any insight, suggestions recommendations on your experience and how you emotionally proceeded is greatly appreciated 

Re: 1st iui failed

• Options
    Welcome, and I'm sorry your first IUI was unsuccessful.  I'm in a similar boat, dealing with male factor infertility (MFI).  Our first IUI done around Thanksgiving was unsuccessful.  We took a couple months off while my husband worked primarily with a urologist to increase his sperm count.  It worked, though motility is still a bit low so we're jumping right back on the IUI train.  It is really hard when you get those awful BFNs.  The best piece of advice I can give you is to just never give up.  Take a break if you need to, but always look forward to the next cycle.  A lot of women aren't successful their first IUI, but statistically the odds go up with your 2nd and 3rd IUIs.  I've met so many girls on this forum who were successful after many tries, some even on the 4th or 5th IUI.  Others are successful when they move to IVF after many failed IUIs.  So really, just never give up and keep looking forward!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Hi @ghazghaz I have not been through this but just wanted to offer my support. I'm so sorry you iui didn't work. I do have a cousin who did iui. They had male factor and pcos. She was on clomid and I think they had to try iui about 6 times. But it did work eventually. If it is financially an option, you can try again. Emotionally, I think that is what I'd focus on to get me through. Best of luck to you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, ghas! I'm so sorry for your failed round. But let this failure not bring you down. You're young and full of strength. So try to stay calm and go straight to your aim. Why this being you or all of us no one really knows. But this is how life is to us. We have to deal with what we have.
    We achieved success after numerous attempts of making the situation better via surgery. Then several de ivf rounds. But all in all the process ended in success. I wish the same for you so much!
    Be brave dear. Hugs x
  • Options
    I don't have any words of wisdom.  I have been down that road yet....on my way though. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry it didn't work.  I can only imagine how painful it must be after 3 long years. Stay strong.