Health & Exercise
Options

High Blood Pressure leads to being induced?

Hey ladies. This is my first pregnancy and at 33 weeks I started having high blood pressure problems. I was rushed to the emergency room with what I thought was a heart attack due to: dizziness, could barely breath, chest pain, floaters and abdominal pain. Come to find out, it was a severe anxiety attack and my blood pressure was through the roof. My doctor put me on Procardia xl 60mg for blood pressure and to prevent pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure still is not the best here are some examples:
126/59    hr 63  
172/84    hr 88    
178/72    hr 95     
164/88    hr 88     
160/78    hr 88      
175/88    hr 80      
167/96    hr 91      
143/73    hr 88     

These have been over the past few days - I was told to keep track of it. Have any of you ladies been induced for numbers like this? I have a sonogram scheduled in 4 days to "check on her and make some decisions" - my doctor said that. My doctor is normally calm, cool and collected but I can tell he's very concerned. He's been calling to check up on me. Just really need advice/stories.

Re: High Blood Pressure leads to being induced?

• Options

High blood pressure is super dangerous for you and your baby. Hopefully you're getting it under control or your doctor has a plan for you. Good luck.