3rd Trimester
Options

Valtrex and Lysine for suppression therapy?

annaxoxoxannaxoxox member
edited February 2016 in 3rd Trimester
I'm 36 weeks so I'm starting Valtrex 1g daily for suppression therapy. I've been taking 1g of lysine daily and I'm not sure if I should continue it or stop since I'm now taking Valtrex. Of course my ob office is closed now but I don't want to wait until Monday to find out. Has anyone heard anything about whether they can be taken together or not? Thanks. :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Valtrex and Lysine for suppression therapy?

• Options
    I used to take a daily lysene for cold sore prevention. I stopped when I got my bpf- it's a class c medication. Obviously check with our dr but a quick Google search to check its class grade quickly got me to stop taking it

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Call your pharmacist if you don't want to call your OB.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your OB tomorrow. They have an on call Provider for a reason.
  • Options
    Lysine isn't nearly as effective as valtrex. I'd keep taking that and talk to your doc about it when you can reach him/her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I spoke with my ob and she said it is perfectly safe to continue lysine while taking valtrex. Just in case anyone wants to know.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm surprised by this to be honest... My doctor said no lysene when I had my first appt with her. I guess every doctor has a different. "Ban" list!

cat fail animated GIF