August 2016 Moms
Options

Canadian Momma's

Any fellow Canadian's out there!

I'm from Edmonton, and recently found out I am pregnant with number 2. We did team green for our first and we turned team blue! I think for this one we will do a gender reveal!

Re: Canadian Momma's

• Options
    Hey I'm from edmonton too!! I'm pregnant with my first and my DH definitely does not want to find out the gender :smile:
  • Options
    From northern Ontario, 29 and ftm and in team green! Congrats and nice to meet you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    HI!! I'm from the Ottawa area (but lived in Northern Ontario from age 17-26 @michelle_shelle). We moved back to the Ottawa area 8 months ago. I was 9 months pregnant with DS who is now 7 months old :)
    We found out the gender with him and will do so again!
  • Options
    @Caileybug I did my post secondary studies in Ottawa. Absolutely loved it, what a great city!
  • Options
    London, Ontario area here! Fourth pregnancy and team green again!
  • Options
    kbeare88kbeare88 member
    edited December 2015
    From Vancouver! But did grad school at U of A and my husband is a Calgary boy. Pregnant with our 1st and are keeping the gender a surprise :)
  • Options
    @michelle_shelle I did mine in Sudbury!
  • Options
    Just outside Toronto Ontario :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Canadian too!  From BC, but now live in London, Ontario.  Baby due Aug 28, 2016.  Can't wait to find out what we are having.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    Hi all! My DH and I are from Calgary, Alberta! Our first baby is due on my birthday (August 6) And we are totally going to find out the gender as soon as possible!
  • Options
    yaaay Canadiam FTM (FX for a sticky bean) here!!! I'm from southern Ontario near the London area :) We will be finding out the gender asap :)
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sudbury here!
  • Options
    @melly204 we should be friends!!! I've never met anyone from Edmonton on here!!

How was everyone's Christmas!?
  • Options
    Winnipeg here! Nice to meet some other Canadians!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Just a question for you ladies: do you also have to wait what seems like forever for your ultra sound? Why are some already having ultrasounds in this group? Is this a Canadian thing or just Manitoba?
  • Options
    Maybe it's just Manitoba. I'm in Alberta and we get dating ultrasounds starting at 7 weeks. They wouldn't let me book my 1st tri screen (11-13 weeks) until I had one.
  • Options
    Also from Alberta, I had my first ultra sound at 5.5 weeks and my next will be 12 weeks and my last will be the Anatomy scan at 19-20 weeks
  • Options
    Oh wow! Must be Manitoba. We get one at 20-25 weeks.
  • Options
    That's crazy to me. I'm
    Not trying to be alarmist but the Daley screen identified me as high risk last time. How would you know if you are having a singleton or twins?

Are you getting the 1st tri blood test?
  • Options
    *early
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy I skipped the 12 week scan, my OB didn't think it was necessary. I'm having one with this pregnancy because my first ultrasound was at 5.5 weeks.

I had my hgc blood test done, that will be the only blood test I get done besides the GD test. We didn't do the genetic testing with my last pregnancy and we probably won't with this one.
  • Options
    Not too sure why it is only one so late in the preganacy. I had a bunch of blood taken at 6 weeks and another appointment in a week at 10 weeks. I guess we have the option of paying to go to a private place as well.
  • Options
    From northern Ontario here! 9 weeks 4days :) already had ultrasound done at 7 weeks and see a healthy little bean
  • Options
    From Montreal. Only seeing an OB at 12 wks. Apparently you dont see anyone before 12 wks...maybe is QC healthcare. I only did a blood test at local clinic to confirm I'm pregnant. Wish I could see someone earlier. Wk8 today
  • Options
    I'm from Northwestern Ontario! I'm 7w5d. Because of my crazy cycles, I've already had a couple of dating ultrasounds (my lmp edd is 3 weeks earlier than I'm measuring), the last one was at 7w,1d. First appointment with my midwives next Tuesday!
  • Options
    Hi mommies! I'm out in Bowmanville, Ontario. This is my first time being pregnant and fiiiiinally made the first prenatal appt for Jan 19th. I'm currently 6w3d and can't wait to see how this little bean is doing in there!

Anyone here gone with shared care for a previous pregnancy? We're leaning towards it...
  • Options
    djfras said:

Just a question for you ladies: do you also have to wait what seems like forever for your ultra sound? Why are some already having ultrasounds in this group? Is this a Canadian thing or just Manitoba?

I am from Winnipeg! In response to Djfras, I am 7.5 weeks and havnt had any appointments yet. Doc sees me at 8 weeks (soon!!) and I've been told I'll get to hear heartbeat but no Ultrasound until 20 wks! We may go to babymoon around week 14-15. I can't wait til week 20!
  • Options
    Hi hello, I was born and raised in Winnipeg. Lived in Montreal for a few years where I met and (quickly) married my wonderful husband. We moved to Ontario a little more than a year ago for a job. Lived in Hamilton for a bit but now we're more or less permanently settled in East Toronto. Miss Montreal a tonne but it can be a rough place to settle. We may buy a house there in ten years or so.

I have my first appointment with the midwife on January 19th (at just over 8 weeks), but I'm not sure what to expect then. I think it's mostly a getting-to-know-you thing to make sure you like the midwife and that the pregnancy is low risk enough for her to take. I hope it goes well!
  • Options

Hey ladies! 
    Passing on some information for those that are interested. If you haven't heard of the finish baby box, I would suggest to go and take a quick look or read the about section from the link I am posting. This is absolutely free for any expecting moms and has been long wanted by many Canadians. You need to register and later on you receive this for free. They're trying to reach 5000 participants and are already over 3000. Please register.  https://babyboxcanada.org
  • Options
    I'm from Edmonton also ! :smile:  Due the 12th with baby #3 ! I have two girls ( 5&2 ) 
  • Options
    @NanaBananax2 yay! Edmonton friends!!! Did you enjoy the hurricane winds yesterday!
  • Options
    They were brutal, but my girls and I braved them to go to the Fling canoe festival. It was still a lot of fun :) 
  • Options
    They were crazy! And now it's gorgeous outside! Alberta weather!! Lol
  • Options
    A little late.. but I am a FTM from edmonton too! Due august 20th 
  • Options
    So many Edmonton mama's!!!! We should become friends! I find it so exciting when there are Canadians lol 
  • Options
    Someone from another app started a Facebook group for August mom's in edmonton, it's secret so no one else can see it. If you want to inbox me your emails I will add you :) 
  • Options
    Oh yes please!! I'll message you!
  • Options
    I sent you my email also :)