3rd Trimester
Options

Stm labor question

What were your very first signs of early labor (prelabor) ? Hear so many diff stories. Just curious: )

Re: Stm labor question

• Options
    My water broke. Not a big gush but I felt like I had to pee every 2-3 minutes. Contractions (that I noticed) started about 30 minutes later.

**** Formerly Snoflakes4eva****

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With my first I started having light contractions. I timed them and they got stronger with time. My water has never broke on its own. I got induced with my second and third baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Contractions. Real ones, not BH. I was induced with my first kid so I never felt contractions but I definitely recognized them with my second. They came so hard and so quick that I barely had time to get to the hospital.
  • Options
    time-able contractions.  that's what did it for both my kids.  They were slower coming on with the first, but they were definitely time-able.  and feel sooo much different then BH.  I also had a bloody show right before with #2. 
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Options
    Contractions that felt like regular period cramps, but they would come and go within a certain time frame. With my third baby, they started off around 12-15 minutes apart for most of the day (they began around 4am), by 5pm they were 10 minutes apart, then 3 minutes apart by 8pm. When it's really time, you'll just know. It's the mom instinct in you!
  • Options
    Contractions. I didn't have any BH with my first so I didn't have anything to compare to, but I just knew that these ones were the real deal! My water did not break on its own and I didn't lose my mucus plug until I was in labor at the hospital.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lost my mucus plug that morning, had felt a little nauseous the night before. I started having contractions while taking a nap in the early evening, and they progressively got more consistent, stronger, and closer together over several hours. My early labor lasted about 8 hours, I went in to the birth center at 3-4 min apart and I was at 5 cm. My water broke in the tub when I was in transition. Total labor length was 19 hours, start to finish.
  • Options
    Prodromal labor for a few weeks, then water broke and regular contractions with DS1.  DS2 just regular contractions that wouldn't stop.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Nothing! I had no warning signs with either pregnancy. Both times my water broke out of nowhere and I didn't have contractions for a couple hours.

• Options
    My water burst and then I had contractions start about 2 hours later. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • Options
    I didn't have any. Just woke up in the morning and contractions started slow and steady around 8am.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    First sign was loss of mucus plug. Then about 48 hours later I started having contractions that were fairly mild, but very consistent and about 5-6 minutes apart. Within a couple hours they become 3 minutes apart and 1 minute log so I went in. Unfortunately I was only dilated to a 3 so they had me walk the halls for a few hours and sent me home. Finally that evening my contractions got extremely strong and every 1 minute so I went back in and was barely a 4, but the nurse took pity on me because I had been having contractions constantly for so long and convinced the doc to admit me. They broke my water and then everything went pretty fast from there. 
  • Options
    I started losing my mucus plug (although you can lose this a month before going into labor), I was more tired than I had ever been, and then my water broke.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Contractions - but they didn't feel the way I though they would. I had birth classes and read a lot online so I thought I was prepared. But I didnt really know what a contraction felt like. The nurse that led the birth class only described it as a tightening and then a release. The hand motions she used while describing were around her belly. When in labor, the contractions were very painful and very low. Felt similar to menstrual cramps, just much stronger. I had to google "do contractions feel like cramps"

• Options
    My water broke on my first "real" contraction while I was out walking, and it broke in a gush. It then gushed for every contraction I had after that. I went to the hospital about 45 minutes later and was already 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Bloody show a few hours before contractions started. Six hours of early labor and then my water broke. Six hours after that, DD was born.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • Options
    my water broke but it wasn't a gush just a bunch of trickles so I wasn't sure that's what it was...I didn't have contractions start after like most! I had a doctor apt that next morning and they admitted me and placed me on an antibiotic due to my water breaking the night before!
  • Options
    I started with regular and consistent (although mild) contractions-- sort of like Braxton Hicks but they didn't go away.  This was mid-day on a Wednesday.  Thursday Morning I had my 41 week OB checkup and was 2cm.  Contractions gradually got stronger and closer together, and I finally was admitted into the Hospital Thursday evening when they were very strong/painful and only 3 minutes apart.  I was like 6cm at that point.  My water didn't break until close to delivery.  Baby came at like 4am Fri morning.
    Very sloooooooow but steady process for me.

no mucus plug, bloody show or anything other than contractions.

• Options
    with mine (#1 and #3), i never had any signs at all until the big gush of my water breaking, then undeniable intense contractions. (#2 was an induction)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Water breaking with #1 and #3, night-only contrax for two nights with #2. 
  • Options
    I lost my mucous plug before going into labor with #1 and #2. I'm pregnant with #3 and hoping that this time it will be just as reliable a sign!