September 2016 Moms
Options

Any runners? These boobs!! Agh

How is everyone else coping with the bloat and the crazy increase in boobage? I already feel like a milk cow & it hurts :( I Crossfit and run/strength train and I'm really hoping this will either a. Get better on its own or b. That someone can give me some pointers/advice. Thanks in advance!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any runners? These boobs!! Agh

• Options
    I found a really tight padded sports bra that holds everything in place, and I don't do any weights or stretches that involve lying on my stomach. Sorry, that doesn't really help, but know that you're not alone!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Options
    All of my sports bras are now a little too tight, so I feel like they REALLY hold everything in! I think I actually feel the best in sports bras right now since they're so tight -- I had a really good run yesterday and was nervous about my boobs but they felt fine, I think because everything was pretty much suctioned to my body. I would say invest in a couple of really good sports bras, although it's tough to spend the money when you know your body is going to continue to change. I'm a power lifter and sometimes runner myself, so as long as I can keep up lifting I'll be A-Ok, even if running gets too uncomfortable. Good luck, sorry I can't help more! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am really learning which of my sports bras are the most supportive right now. My fabletics Joliet high impact ones felt great on a 3 mile run last night. I have ordered up a size for room and the back has tons of clasps so I can just adjust as needed over the next few months.
  • Options
    I haven't run since mid-December. I was running pretty regularly, but then I decided to be a lazy girl until the New Year. Now that I'm pregnant, I am terrified to run without doctor clearance even though I'm sure it's fine. 

Basically, I just came down here to applaud you for exercising through everything. Go, girl!
  • Options
    @SLou24 same here, I'm so glad my gym is so supportive  <3 ps it's wicked cool to see other moms doing the same!!

@snobunniemel  I only have one sports bra that fits now  :'( I'm definitely going to have to order some more. My husband thought he'd get a break from the lulu lemon packages while I'm pregnant bahahahaha 

@ElcaB thank you, you can ease back into your routine, just talk to your doc first. Good luck mama!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How pregnant are you? How far are you running? Im a runner but backing down to 2 miles and watching my HR
  • Options
    The size is something I'm getting used to, but the real struggle is the pain. I can't even go braless in bed they hurt so bad.
  • Options
    The only advice I can give is to try to find a high support bra. The sensitivity might go away in a few weeks but the size will not so you want to find something that will hold things in comfortably and allow you to still workout.

@ElcaB - I am no doctor so your doctor is definitely the best person to talk to about this but I would think that if you were working out regularly for a while before December, you should be fine running again, just easing into it. Start slower and with shorter distances, just like you would even if you were not pregnant. I also hadn't worked out for a month when I got my BFP due to a 2 month nasty cold that finally forced me to stop working out. I've been back to working out for just for over a week now and building up my workouts and should be back to where I left off in the next 1-2 weeks. I think as long as you listen to your body and stay hydrated, you should be perfectly fine. 

@Ltoplin - why are you backing down on distance?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Luckily my breasts aren't as swollen as they were at five weeks. I thought they were going to explode. And now it's gone. Sometimes they are sore but that's about it. As for the bloating I try to drink lots of water 
  • Options
    Lol, I thought I was the only one! Last time they didn't hurt like this BUT I got huge (triple D). I love a bra called Fiona...can't remember the company that makes it but it straps 'em down. I got it at Boulder Running Co. I started using an essential oil on the girls, it seems to take the edge off. ;) glad to know it gets better after week 5!
  • Options
    I am a runner too and going through the same issues!  My breast hurt when I run, so I have been trying to wear supportive sports bras. I guess it is just getting more difficult. :( I  do a lot of strength training as well and that seems to be fine. But my HR definitely gets higher faster! 
  • Options
    Yes.  I have some other issue too.  I have an enhancement in November 2014.  Now I'm scared they are going to get HUGE!!!  Best bra I found is Under Armour high impact front zip.  They are expensive, but way worth it.  Mine don't move at all when I crossfit or run!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also, I will say from personal experience, as long as your body is used to running and you have permission from your dr, keep running.  With DD#1, I ran 6 miles 2 days before my water broke.  I ran the entire time through DD#2 pregnancy as well.  Dr was convinced that it helped my pregnancy, labor, and postpartum drastically.  So do what you're used to, if your body still allows it, but you know your body better than anyone else.  :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have small boobs, so probably don't have the same problem (except for the extreme tenderness). My CF coaches are aware, and I am not PR'ing on anything. Just going light and getting my reps in. Do you think you will CF into the third trimester @stephaniebuzzella ??