September 2015 Moms

MyFitnessPal

Do any of you ladies use MyFitnessPal? I just started using the app again because I have only lost 20 of the 70 lbs that I gained while pregnant. This board is so supportive, I could use some support in this area also!  Does anyone want to be friends on the app and help hold each other accountable? We could even share recipes!  MyFitnessPal makes it easy to log food and work outs so you know exactly where you stand with your weight loss goals! Let's get a support group started. My user name is carlialexis. Feel free to add me! Good luck to those at the beginning of the journey and keep up the good work to those who have already begun.

Re: MyFitnessPal

• Invitation sent!  My username is SoniaGlass.  
  • Awesome!  Thanks! We can do this!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just sent you an invite...but I have no idea what my username is. I'm guessing barrelocarol?

Does anyone have ideas on a fitness app that takes BF needs into account?
  • Invitation sent to you three ladies! I don't plan on logging my food, but will be logging on for weekly weigh-in's to hold myself accountable.

I've been eating like crap since baby was born (and all through pregnancy), so now I'm concentrating on making healthier choices and limiting my sweets intake to one treat a day (rather than throughout the day!). I don't want to severely limit my calorie intake at this point since I'm breastfeeding/pumping and don't want my supply to suffer, but am hoping eating healthier foods and sweets in moderation will jumpstart my weightloss again. 

I gained 55 lbs during pregnancy. Lost 35 of that already without actively trying somehow, but want to lose the final 20, then another 15 beyond that to get back to (or close to) the weight I was at my wedding, which was the lowest I had been in years.

We can do this! :)
  • I'm Poke987 I'll see if I can figure out how to send friend requests. I log daily, started in late Oct after my weight loss stalled. I just hit the 30 lb mark, 17 to go to get to goal! 
  • Are we friends on the app? I see your invitations, but I think? it's not letting accept? I feel like a 90 year old lol 
  • poke987 said:
    I'm Poke987 I'll see if I can figure out how to send friend requests. I log daily, started in late Oct after my weight loss stalled. I just hit the 30 lb mark, 17 to go to get to goal! 
    Just requested you!
  • Are we friends on the app? I see your invitations, but I think? it's not letting accept? I feel like a 90 year old lol 
    I don't see you as a friend on my app yet, but my app keeps stalling out so that could be the issue. 
  • jen83mn said:
    Are we friends on the app? I see your invitations, but I think? it's not letting accept? I feel like a 90 year old lol 
    I don't see you as a friend on my app yet, but my app keeps stalling out so that could be the issue. 
    Looks like we're friends now!
  • poke987poke987 member
    edited February 2016
    We're friend now too! 

I used the app to drop 70 lbs between my 2nd and this little one. I love it. Between it and my fitbit I am steadily loosing... closer and closer to prepregnancy! It's frustrating to have to do it all again, but I feel like I have a handle on it. Glad for the new friends. The support really helps!

Edited as it cut off post
  • Add me!  I'm kaylaef!
  • Mine is Jen83MN; feel free to add me if you comment after this post!
  • I will add you guys! I'm sarah_scog I think haha. I've been using the app for four weeks now, and combined with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, I've lost about 13 pounds. I'm so proud of myself! I've been logging my food everyday, eating extremely well and cut out most dairy, sugar, and fat. If I still really want something, I'll have it though-- I don't want to make myself crazy. I also don't add extra calories for breastfeeding. It really isn't necessary as long as you're consuming more than 1200 calories. I think of it as an extra bonus-- I currently eat 1390 calories a day, and do the workout everyday, and I have no problem with my supply whatsoever luckily! I'm hoping to lost another 15 pounds! 
  • irenejeanirenejean member
    edited February 2016
    I'm Irizzzle on mfp, adding you all now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't take a breastfeeding allowance either, but I have supply issues and supplement so I don't know how much I'd get anyhow.  I figure it can be a cushion or cover any logging errors! I also don't log my exercise,  I wear a fitbit,  and take the calories that way... i allow it to sync and count as my exercise.  I eat back most of what I get as overage with my step count and track calories in vs. out with the numbers I get from my fitbit, id say I average 1500-1700 calories daily keeping a 750 or so calorie deficit pretty much every day
  • @seg6394 sounds like you are doing great! 13 lbs in 4 weeks is fantastic!  I'd be thrilled with that loss! I trend a little slower, but eat more like 1500-1700 calories daily. I walk or run and average 15,000 steps or so via my fitbit. Keep up the good work! 
  • You ladies are doing amazing with your fitness! This was a great idea. I'm totally bummed about my personal weight, but I'm hopeful since I just started actually looking at my food intake. 
  • So I've gained since having the baby (supply issues and depression), but am hoping to turn that around.  I lost 40 lbs on MFP before the baby - feel free to add me. szarlotka717 
  • Natasha238 is mine