May 2016 Moms
Options

Happy Fat Tuesday!

What are you indulging in today?

Re: Happy Fat Tuesday!

• Options
    My coworkers threw me a baby shower yesterday so I'll be indulging in leftover cake. YUM!
  • Options
    Did not realize it was Fat Tuesday...... hmmmmmmm Going to have to figure something out.  Shouldn't be too hard lol

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its traditional to eat donuts today. I LOVE this holiday!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I had a big cookie this morning before I give them up for Lent.
  • Options
    Which means I'm not supposed to eat meat tomorrow... Does being pregnant exclude you from that??
  • Options
    12 years of catholic school and I just realized Lent starts soon. 
  • Options
    Which means I'm not supposed to eat meat tomorrow... Does being pregnant exclude you from that??
    Whats funny to me is that DH and I never go to church. In 5 years of being together, we have gone twice. But he is an absolute stickler for not eating meat on Ash Wed and on Friday during Lent. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @yogahh It is so ingrained in my head! If I slip and accidentally eat meat on a day I'm not supposed to I have major Catholic guilt. Ugh.
  • Options
    Pancakes for me! And I'm going full-on indulgent this year - like nutella-stuffed pancakes with strawberries and maple syrup. Yum. 

In my defense: I'm pregnant, I missed all of Carnaval because I live far from home, and everyone posted pictures of people in their costumes and I feel like I'm missing out. So I am medicating with pancakes and maple syrup.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aquinna82 said:
    These days, every Tuesday is Fat Tuesday.
    Apparently today is also National Pizza Day... I'm thinking today will be a very fat tuesday for me. :wink: 
  • Options
    I honestly though this was just a new weekly thread until mr google told me it was an actual day... Oops! 
  • Options
    I asked my dad this and he looked at me like I was crazy. I'm sorry but you can't expect a pregnant woman to not eat meat and abstain on Ash Wednesday. So I'm not.

And right now, I'm indulging in yellow Starbursts. I'm sure there will be something else later. But since I'm not allowed to have caffeine anymore, my Lent resolution is made up for me. 
  • Options
    If you're nursing, pregnant or over 65y.o. you don't have to fast during the day on Ash Weds or Good Friday. Personally I will eat normally: breakfast, lunch and dinner and just skip the meat. There are many seafood or pasta options that sound good to me :) 
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:
    @yogahh It is so ingrained in my head! If I slip and accidentally eat meat on a day I'm not supposed to I have major Catholic guilt. Ugh.
    Yep. I'm this way as well. I have it so engrained that once, when DH and I were playing Catchphrase, the clue he gave me was, "when you do something wrong you want to be..." And I yelled out, "punished!" Yeah...the word he was giving a clue for was "forgiven." I'm really trying to not lay on the Catholic shaming as I raise DS.
    That's hilarious! I really don't want to be so strict on DD, either, but I'm worried I will inadvertently since I was raised that way. 

@Jenly17I'll probably still eat meat but I'm positive I'll feel bad about it. I don't eat seafood, especially not while pregnant, so that's not an option. I've had really bad meat aversions anyway, so I would feel bad about limiting myself even more. 
  • Options
    @JessicaB0627 Catholic guilt is real man. 
  • Options

Coco Puffs. I don't know why.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    edited February 2016
    i had no idea it was Fat Tuesday, but I now feel totally justified in eating those 3 donuts this morning!! I'm just festive like that
  • Options
    Gluten free fish and chips !!! AH-ma-zing!!! 
  • Options

Those who are excused from fast or abstinence Besides those outside the age limits, those of unsound mind, the sick, the frail, pregnant or nursing women according to need for meat or nourishment, manual laborers according to need, guests at a meal who cannot excuse themselves without giving great offense or causing enmity and other situations of moral or physical impossibility to observe the penitential discipline.

YAY!

• Options
    I'm having better than sex cake! And Swiss rolls! And I had a fat, juicy burger for lunch :) so I probably won't be hungry for dinner but I'll probably have some Reese's chips ohoy cookies for diner desert too :) and then I'll be in a food coma the rest of the week...
  • Options
    It's also shrove Tuesday...Pancake Tuesday! That's what I'm having for dinner tonight :D 
  • Options
    ncm0328 said:
    I ordered donuts to be delivered this morning. They had a minimum order amount so I was just FORCED to order an entire dozen. I've eaten four already, I'm almost ready for my fifth. No shame! 
    I had no guilt after eating two.....I want a third!!
  • Options
    I was going to cook a fish dinner tonight but really wasn't feeling it..so I said to DH "let's just order some pizza"

I ate all but one slice of my pizza!

And there's cake and ice cream for dessert!

It's Fat Tuesday AND I'm pregnant..so absolutely no guilt here :smile:
  • Options
    I had the LOVE IT size of a cold stone creamery ice cream cone today. It was pure excellence.