Multiples

Staying home with twins (and a toddler)

I have a 2 year old and am expecting twins in june. Im planning to take at least 4 months off work for maternity leave. However, ive started to think about whether i should stay home or not. Financially it makes sense for me to keep working and get a nanny, but i get sad thinking of the time ive missed with my daughter and the time i will miss with the twins. Plus i dont love my job and its a longish commute so even less time and energy for the kids. I keep going back and forth between staying in my career and making money for the family or spending more time with the family. Although i really do think it will be harder work to stay home with twins and a toddler but worth it because im spending time wtih my kids that i love instead of coworkers for 10-12 hours a day. 

i would love to hear others experiences either staying home or working, what its really like, any advice or any regrets. 

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Staying home with twins (and a toddler)

• Hello September 15 momma here!i have a 5 year old daughter & 5 month old twin boys & Im a SAHM & love it! I cant really tell you what to do because idk your life style, but i love being home. DD is @ school 8 hours a day & im home with the twins & love it. It can be overwhelming sometimes just to be home with them all the time. Im home without help between 10-13 hours a day so when DH gets home on hard days i pass them on to him and walk away or go shower to recollect myself. & there might be days where you just wanna cry because it feels overwhelming. I had a meltdown when they were 2 months old because they had a hard time sleeping & i only got a total of 45 minutes to sleep one night. BUT all the hard stuff is worth being home with them & i love being able to see them grow 24/7. Ive only worked a total of 2 years since DD was born and i prefer being home with kids. its not always perfect there are hard days the same way there are good. I think your biggest thing will be to learn how to take care of & handle situations with your kiddos. Took me about 2 months to adjust& now i feel like a pro. I think you should use your maternity leave to see what you feel like doing. Some moms love being a SAHM some don't. 
  • I have a 3 year old ds and 8 month old twin girls. I dropped down to part time at my job. I just work some evenings when my dh is home. That way we don't have the cost of daycare, but I'm still bringing home a paycheck. I get to spend the majority of my day at home with all 3 of our kids. Some days can be stressful, but overall, the best decision I've ever made. I love being here with them, watching them learn and grow and just being there to love on them. It's also nice though some times to go to work to get people interaction. I would totally be a sahm if we could afford it, but it's just not in the cards for us right now. Do what's best for you and your family. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker