Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else sent home terrified by their hospital?

Hi ladies!!  :)

So I was wondering if there were any other ladies out there sent home with their newborns from the hospital made to feel like they're going to fail!? 

I gave abs birth just a few days ago to a beautiful baby boy! And my hospital terrified me into thinking I would do everything wrong and unthinkable things could happen. I came home so completely emotional and terrified that I was not enjoying the greatest gift of my life like I should. 

Anyone else out there want to share their experiences and help each other out?! NO ONE deserves to be sent home in an anxious state. 

We are all super moms! 

Re: Anyone else sent home terrified by their hospital?

• I'm sorry you came home feeling that way. The nurses at the hospital do need to educate new moms on a lot of things though. Some moms need more help than others and there is a lot of misinformation out there. Some of the things they tell you can be scary but they need moms to be able to recognize when something is not right with the baby or themselves so they can get to a doctor before there's a major issue. Keep in mind there's a huge hormonal shift once baby is born and most new moms are a lot more sensitive than they normally are. The beginning is the hardest and you need to focus on taking care of this new little person and healing yourself. Things will get less scary and moms and babies just fall into a groove.
  • I'm sorry you came home feeling that way. The nurses at the hospital do need to educate new moms on a lot of things though. Some moms need more help than others and there is a lot of misinformation out there. Some of the things they tell you can be scary but they need moms to be able to recognize when something is not right with the baby or themselves so they can get to a doctor before there's a major issue. Keep in mind there's a huge hormonal shift once baby is born and most new moms are a lot more sensitive than they normally are. The beginning is the hardest and you need to focus on taking care of this new little person and healing yourself. Things will get less scary and moms and babies just fall into a groove.
    All this :)

It is an information overload!
    Was anyone else in the room with you? Maybe you can ask them if they felt what you are feeling too, or maybe like pp said, you just took out a tad personal.

• Loading the player...

Well said, and correct.
  • Aw that's awful! My hospital was great and we feel like we were given every support possible. But I do think almost every parent out there is terrified to bring their newborn home from the hospital just because...IT'S SCARY! No one really says that or talks about it, but all of my friends who have had a baby agree and I've read things here and there mentioning how scary it is to bring a baby home. I think people in general only talk about the "blissful, over the moon" feelings you're expected to have, and leave out the real stuff. 
    If you're keeping your baby alive, you're doing just fine  :D