TTC after 35
Options

OB appointment and US questions

I went to my PCP today (he is the one who does my annual pap/pelvic), I told him about my monthly pre-period spotting and he said with my family history of fibroids he wanted me to see an OB and have a pelvic US with blood work (he said off TSH levels can also cause mid-cycle spotting). 

So so I have an appointment for the pelvic US next week, they told me I have to drink 24oz of water before the visit. I thought you needed a HSG to see fibroids/polyps, but this sounds like just a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Anyone know if this will show other possible complications like polyps, blocked tubes, endometriosis, etc? 

Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: OB appointment and US questions

• Options
    Sounds like they are just following protocol...u/s, trans-vaginal u/s and then if they have further concerns an HSG. Honestly, I think it's just Oregon but perhaps other states follow this order as well. Who knows. This is the order I followed, all was normal for me, I hope for you it's the same. Good luck, @PoeMasque!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Both times I've had an HSG, a t-v U/S was done at the same time. Nothing was suspected so I think for my OB and RE they are standard IF screenings. Your OB may order HSG after U/S. If I remember correctly, they do U/S with full bladder, then have you empty bladder and they continue t-v U/S. The 1st HSG showed a blocked tube and clear uterus, the 2nd HSG showed clear tubes and uterus. I don't know what they are able to see with U/S, but my OB and RE only seemed interested in checking ovaries/follicles. Since the HSG is an X-ray if they don't think it's needed they may wait and see. Hope U/S goes well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! So far the blood work has come back normal. Having had all of the blood work and t-v us done 2 years ago (to confirm ovulation for a women's health study) with everything checking out fine, I'm anxious to see if they will do the HSG since that is the test that I haven't had yet (and the one I am most worried would show problems for me). Either way it sounds like this is all leading up to that so good to know! Now to wait until my appointments next week. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker