Connecticut Babies
Options

Danbury Hospital Experiences / OB Recommendations?

I am about fed up with my current OBs office after prolonged insurance/billing issues, lack of attention, and today a weird phone call about an antibiotic prescription that was clearly a mix up between me and another patient!!  I can't deal with it anymore, and am looking to switch. While I'm at it, I think I am also planning on switching to Danbury Hospital (was previously going to deliver at Northern Westchester in NY).

Hoping for some info on experiences in general with Danbury Hospital, their on-call doula program, and any recommendations for OBs that delivery there (or warnings for ones to stay away from!).  Interested in someone who is open to the idea of a natural birth (but I'm am too paranoid about something going wrong to want to use the midwives birth center across the street-- hospital is good for me!), actually explain things to you and let you ask questions, and has a friendly and competent office staff.

Re: Danbury Hospital Experiences / OB Recommendations?

• Options
    No experience with Danbury, but I know I am interested in giving birth there. My current OB only delivers at Waterbury Hospital, which is a turn off to me, although I have friends who had their children there and liked it. I have looked into the midwives group across the street, and my friend who is a midwives, said they are great. Also, they will come to the hospital if you want them too.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NycbkNycbk member
    edited March 2016
    The midwives at the Connecticut birthing center are amazing!! I delivered at Danbury hospital even though you can deprived at the birthing center with them as well. Every appointment I had with them leading up to my delivery they spent time just chatting with me and giving me as much time as I needed. And during the delivery they respected all of my wishes and wanted me to have the kind of experience I needed and wanted.