3rd Trimester

Bladder Infection/Yeast Infection

Have any of y'all had a Bladder and Yeast infection together at the same time? I am on antibiotics for my Bladder Infection, and now have some cream for the Yeast Infection. Have any of you used this or had this in the third trimester? I will be 33 weeks tomorrow.
Thanks y'all! 

Re: Bladder Infection/Yeast Infection

• Yeah I had both at the same time.. Not in the third trimester though. It was around 12 weeks when it happened. They gave me antibiotics for bladder infection and diflucan pill for yeast. But both were super persistent and didn't go away. I still had to go through 6 more rounds of yeast cream to get rid of the yeast infection! And two rounds of regular antibiotics + two rounds of IV antibiotics to get rid of the bladder infection. It lasted all the way up to 24 weeks or so and caused early contractions and PTL that had to be stopped. It's no fun, but you'll pull through!! Hopefully the meds work the first time around for you! 
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• The joys of antibiotics; they increase the likelihood of yeast infections.  Be diligent with the meds, don't skip any doses, and keep in mind that you may have to extend the treatment for the yeast even after the antibiotics are done.  I would also make sure you are getting your probiotics in (yogurt, supplements, etc.) as they will help minimize the yeast.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a UTI early second tri that caused a yeast infection. I only did the cream for the yeast infection but had to extend the treatment by an day or so. 
  • I did not have them together but I did have a bladder infection that landed me in the hospital with early contractions at 27 weeks so make sure you get antibiotics. I have heard that having a bladder or uti and a yeast infection at the same time is not uncommon especially when pregnant.