Pregnant after IF

Exercise?

I posted this over on Pregnant After a Loss too, but I wanted some input from some former IF patients too. I happen to fall into both categories unfortunately. I got my BFP a week ago....just hours before I was supposed to be starting bcp for IVF. Given my IF and loss history, I am pretty nervous. I'm guessing I'm around 4w6d or 5w, and I don't have my first u/s until Feb 19. Before my BFP, I would do hot yoga 1x per week and power yoga (non-heated) 2x per week, and then a brisk walk about 2 other times per week. I know that the walking is probably fine right now, but what about other exercise? I know hot yoga is out. I'm feeling way out of energy and think a little exercise might be helpful for both my energy and my anxiety. The last thing I want to do is harm this pregnancy in some way though.

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
TTC #1 since early 2011
May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise?

• Sorry about your previous loss...I can understand how that would make you feel even more nervous now. I'd agree that hot yoga is definitely out. Otherwise, if you're not starting anything new, you should be fine. I used to work out 2-3 times/week with a personal trainer (very crossfit style) where I'd squat with over 100lbs of added weight. I continued doing so until my contract ended, around 14 weeks. I just listened to my body, when I felt it was too much, I'd stop. I've been a total lazy ass since I stopped despite all the good intentions. So if you feel like you can do it now, go for it! Just don't overdo it and listen to your body!
  • I know most Drs don't want you to get too hot. I would get a nice heart rate going, but don't push yourself to red faced sweaty mess. Stationary bike, elliptical machine even walking and jogging are all great cardio. I usually tried to do longer length but less intensity. Stay away from ab excersises and heavy weights. You could switch to a prenatal yoga (I have never tried it or any yoga). 

I I know what you are going through. This is my 6th pregnancy and 3rd child (hopefully) better be my third as I am 38 weeks on Sunday! It is a long stressful journey being pg after a loss and especially for those that it's hard to get PG too. good luck to you!! 
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • Given your risk factors, I'd be hesitant to make any suggestions and would say contact your OB to get their take on continuing your prior activities. Generally, it is ok to continue your activities from before (excepting anything that causes overheating), but that is not always the case. 
  • Thanks everyone. I am just walking for now and will wait on doing anything else until I talk with my RE on the 19th. I feel really tired and lazy anyways, so it's not a huge deal. :)

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker