October 2016 Moms

Early Nesting

Anyone else feeling this way? I think maybe because it is my second and I actually still feel ok, I want to go through all of our baby stuff and organize! I know there will be plenty of time for that but I'm just so excited to have another little!! I confess, I already printed out a baby registry checklist. : )
 It is still so early though. I didn't even know I was pregnant at this point with our son.

Married 5yrs
Me-29 DH-34
DS-02/02/14
#2 due 09/29/16

Re: Early Nesting

• I have been dreaming about their rooms. We will move our DS to another room and give him a big boy room. Then turn his room into the new baby's room. Decorate it depending on sex. But that involves moving DS to a big boy bed and I am not ready for that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't say I have had nesting but I have been obsessed with everything pregnancy/baby related since my BFP (which was only two days ago!). I literally cannot stop looking at pictures of pregnant women, what you should eat what you shouldn't, what nursery colors are in right now, etc. I am trying to limit myself because I don't want to get too excited too early.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @lilylover27 I'm doing the exact same thing! I just feel like it would make more sense to me rationally if I was experiencing more symptoms. I know they'll come but it's just so early still. Hubby did suggest I go window shop for baby stuff today.

BUT I stayed awake for a while last night concerned whether we have the space for a real nursery. We have a 1950's house that has 2 VERY small bedrooms and then an upstairs unit which has turned into our bedroom/closet. The small rooms are currently a guest and office/library. I'm thinking that one of them is going to have to be changed into the baby room so then we lose a guest room or an office/library.  And the unit upstairs isn't really conducive. 

So, that's what I've been thinking about as far as nesting goes. Sorry for the lengthy response. ;) 

Married 3 years
    Me-34 DH-44
    EDD 10/1/16

• @eajanners window shopping for baby stuff sounds amazing! I know this first trimester will be hard but I cannot wait to experience everything, even the morning sickness!

We have a house that was built in the 1990's so we have a master, 2nd bedroom and a smaller 3rd bedroom. The smaller 3rd bedroom is going to be the nursery, I had this picked out even before we were TTC! I feel that you don't need to have a HUGE nursery to make it cute and functional. Try looking up some ideas on pinterest for small nurseries! It is always a good time!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  • @eajanners we only have two small rooms also. We have a dresser and closet space for ds's clothes and toys but his crib is in our room. But he will be over 2.5yrs when new baby arrives so we will need to make some changes.
    Married 5yrs
    Me-29 DH-34
    DS-02/02/14
    #2 due 09/29/16
  • I know how you ladies feel with the room situation.  My husband and I live in a one room cabin with a loft and no running water.  Total of 530 square feet.  We're planning an addition, but you can only build in the summer here.  Maybe we'll get it done this year or maybe baby will stay in our loft for a year or so until we add on.  I'm trying not to stress too much about where we'll put baby yet since I'm only 4weeks pregnant.  But it is exciting to day dream!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • LOL Last October we downsized considerably to our "then" dream home...  an 1920's downtown Craftsmam Bungalow (and one of the only lots down here with an actual front and back yard) that's close to our restaurant.  It's 2 bedroom/1 bath (with NO storage)  and we have a 4.5 y/o. Luckily, our bedroom is fairly large, so the new baby will sleep with us for a while. Crazy enough, after we moved in, we decided to try "not preventing" after being Team One and Done for so long. Two cycles and bam... Here we are. :)  I hate the idea of moving, but we may entertain it after baby arrives. 
  • I love looking on Pinterest and baby sites, dreaming of what baby's room will be like. But my husband and I are currently looking to buy our own house, so I am trying not to get ahead of myself. I don't want to decorate baby's room in my mind when I don't even have a room to decorate. :(
  • EStace said:
    Anyone else feeling this way? I think maybe because it is my second and I actually still feel ok, I want to go through all of our baby stuff and organize! I know there will be plenty of time for that but I'm just so excited to have another little!! I confess, I already printed out a baby registry checklist. : )
     It is still so early though. I didn't even know I was pregnant at this point with our son.

The actual "nesting" urge might not hit until 3rd trimester, but I empathize with the wanting to organize.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes! This is my second too, but hubby's first. We have a lot to organize to prep for a little one now (DD is 6). We're moving her in to a little bit bigger bedroom and we actually just bought a dresser this weekend from Ikea for the nursery! Not planning on putting it together soon, but Ikea is over an hour away for us so we thought we'd pick it up while we were there. 

I did some major mental reorganizing this weekend, lol, and a bit of actual reorganizing. I too seem to have the mindset of get a bunch done now before the fatigue and gigantic belly set in! 
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • I've definitely already been planning the look of the nursery, and now I've moved on to picking specific items  :#  Too soon, I know, but I can't help it!  I remember last year when my cousin was pregnant and she was shopping around for nursery stuff at like 10 weeks.  At the time I was like... wow, I can't believe she's doing that so soon.  Now I'm like... wow, I can't believe she was able to wait that long!  

For those who don't feel comfortable buying/planning nursery stuff yet... I would highly recommend reading the book "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up."  It's so helpful, and it feels wonderful to organize the house, get rid of clutter, and make room for baby!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @blonde1817 I LOVED "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up"! I was able to borrow it digitally through our library on audio-book. It's a small book (audio was about 10 hours) and it was so awesome. Her philosophy of if it doesn't bring you joy, to get rid of it has allowed me to totally simplify the angst and guilt I had about giving stuff away, especially something expensive or gifts I didn't like/use.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!