Trying to Get Pregnant

NBR: Who are you rooting for?

sarah0985sarah0985 member
edited February 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Happy super bowl Sunday!!! Who are you rooting for today? Are you having a party or going to a party? Do you bet on the game or do squares?
TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

NBR: Who are you rooting for? 72 votes

Broncos
51% 37 votes
Panthers
20% 15 votes
I'm not rooting for anyone
27% 20 votes

Re: NBR: Who are you rooting for?

• I didn't even know the Superbowl was today until like 3 days ago...
  • I'm rooting for the Broncos, but only because DH is in a season long pick'em pool and he can win a nice chunk of cash if they win. He also has a square on a pool at work, so that will keep it interesting for me, who hates football.

We are just staying home and eating snacks.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Loading the player...
  • My H is excited but I think mostly because it's an excuse to make ribs and drink beer. We're rooting for Denver because we like Peyton but honestly don't care who wins. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I had to ask DH before voting. Lol. I really don't follow football. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • dH and I are going to pick up a pizza and are hanging out at our house to watch the game. We're pulling for the Broncos even though we only live an hour from Charlotte, NC. We're from MS originally and love Peyton, but we're getting a lot of flack from everyone we know here in NC. 
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • murray1030murray1030 member
    edited February 2016
    We are rooting for Denver because Demarcus Ware played for our favorite team and we love him! Also, I lived in the same town as Derek Wolfe. I didn't know him personally, he went to a different school but it's nice to see someone from our area do well.

edited because I'm horrible at spelling and words today...
  • I'm rooting for the Broncos because I think it would be fun to see Manning win one then announce his retirement pretty much immediately.  Also, Cam Newton kind of rubs me the wrong way.  

I think the Panthers will almost certainly win though.

We are going to a party at our friends' apartment.  Tiny apartment with what will be too many people in it for sure, which isn't my jam, but I'm sure I'll have fun anyway.

I don't have any money on the game in any way.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I'm rooting for the Broncos my quarterback (see below for eye candy) used to play for them. But neither of us really cares this year because our teams have been out for a long time.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I live in Colorado... so guess who I am rooting for.....

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    edited February 2016
    Broncos!! I'm in San Diego, but Peyton is my football boo and I'd love to see him get a last win in.  It is fun that the Panthers are going to be there too.  

ETA:  Not gonna lie, I'm going to wear this shirt to watch it today, I don't have any Broncos or Panthers gear.  This is just as good in my opinion. 

DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
  • I really don't care about either team, but I'm gonna go for the one Peyton Manning is on because I'm from Louisiana. A lot of the other southerners here seem to be doing the same thing haha. We don't have any plans. 
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • I am torn. I live in North Carolina, but I'm actually a Dolphins fan, so I don't really have any true loyalty to the Panthers. And I really don't like Cam Newton. I want to pull for the Broncos just because he's being such a jerk, and Panthers fans this season have become unbearable... And I'm surrounded by them.

Ill probably just stay neutral. My sister is coming over for chili and beer and that's about it.
  • I'm a Patriots fan, so the natural inclination is to root against Peyton. However, Cam Newton REALLY rubs me the wrong way and I do think it's Peyton's last game, so I'll be rooting for the Broncos tonight. However, definitely torn because I don't think Peyton deserves to be there this year since he didn't really contribute to the season. 

We were going to go to a party but that feels like too much work so now I think we'll go over to my in-laws. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • I'd love to see the Broncos win - I'm kind of a Peyton Manning fan (outside of my regular team of course) and would like to have his last game be a superbowl win!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Definitely rooting for Carolina. I loathe Peyton Manning and think Cam Newton is a really fun, exciting player to watch. I'm surprised so many aren't fans of him. I truly don't get why he's considered controversial. End zone dances don't bother me, and he hasn't done anything horrible IRL that I'm aware of (correct me if I'm wrong). 
  • I'm rooting for Denver because I can't stand Cam Newton

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018

• As always, I'm rooting for the food and commercials. I am SO not a Football person, but I am a food person. 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • From Denver ... So clearly.... I'm super excited for this game. I'm not living there now... And I'm really bummed about that BC I am missing all the fun. Since moving here I've been in the pouty "I don't want friends here, this isnt home" camp... So It will just be dh and I... Constantly Texting our buddies back home :) 

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Me..... I had no idea who was even playing in the game until reading this post. 

Have fun with the sports ball! Haha

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • I'm from Atlanta, so I will be rooting for Atl's own, Cam Newton! I'm really a Falcons fan and actually really like Peyton. But when the Panthers came to the Dome this season, I couldn't root against Cam too much. Glad we could give him his only "L" for the season, but I have been rooting for him ever since!

So confused why so many are rubbed the wrong way by Cam? He's a talented, handsome kid having fun playing the game. AND he gives the ball to a kid in the stands with every TD! I'm a married lady, but he kinda does it for me.
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't really have an NFL team. I think it would be awesome if Manning ends his career with a SB win. But Cam Newton is pretty talented. It'll be a neat story either way, but I'm leaning more towards the Broncos!  It'll be a good game.
  • I like both teams but Broncos because Peyton.
    But I do LOVE me some Cam Newton. He just strikes me as an amazing person. I love how he gives away the ball to a kid every time he scores.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• I am not rooting for either but I like to watch the halftime show.  DH is currently napping on the couch and he will watch it but his team (49ers) didn't stand a chance this season.  We're staying in and I made crockpot salsa chicken and dips for tortillas.  

I will eat, crochet while I wait for the halftime show, and may even nap. :) 

• Ash9614 said:

So confused why so many are rubbed the wrong way by Cam? He's a talented, handsome kid having fun playing the game. AND he gives the ball to a kid in the stands with every TD! I'm a married lady, but he kinda does it for me.
    It's something about his mannerisms and behavior when he's sitting on the bench for me.  He just seems excessively arrogant and kinda rude to me.  *shrug*  I honestly just wanted to smack him a few times, but maybe I just caught a bad couple games where that was concerned or the cameras caught him at bad times.  Honestly, I've only seen a handful or fewer games, so it's a pretty snap judgment.  And I don't follow the NFL, so I have no idea what he's like in press conferences or outside of the game.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Lulucooks said:

#justsayin' :wink: 
    YES!! Love John Green!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

• We are from Indy so we're rooting for the Peyton Mannings. If the Colts couldn't make the SB, we're excited to see our guy get one last ring!

I made two types of brownies - peanut butter and s'mores - to bring to a friend's. I think DH is the most die hard fan here and everyone else was just in it for the halftime show :grin: I know there will be mixed reviews and people hating on Coldplay but I thought it was a decent show. There have been worse coughblackeyedpeascough.
    Me: 36  | DH 35, Married 2007
    TTC #1 June 2015
    April 2016 - AMH, FSH, Progesterone normal
    June 2016 - HSG clear
    *TW* BFP - Aug16, demise confirmed Sep16, incomplete m/c, D&C Nov16
    BFP 3/27/17, edd 12/7/17
    DS - 12/9/17 
    <3 
    TTC #2 December 2018 
    BFP 2/22/19, edd 11/4/19
    DD - 11/1/19 <3
    My Chart

• I just told H that someone said the Half Time show was very Lisa Frank and he was like "UH, I doubt it since no one even knows who the hell that is" Ahhh hahaha
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I just told H that someone said the Half Time show was very Lisa Frank and he was like "UH, I doubt it since no one even knows who the hell that is" Ahhh hahaha
    Someone on my newsfeed said the exact same thing! I thought I was watching an Austin Powers movie. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Um....  Anyone else irritated with all the superbowl baby commercials?!  Ugh.  Gag me
    So, so, so, so, creepy. Here's a funny story though. H and I watched one of those commercials and he looked right at me and said, "Were all the moms of the Super Bowl babies ovulating during the game?"

Well, no they weren't, but big points for trying, H!
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I just told H that someone said the Half Time show was very Lisa Frank and he was like "UH, I doubt it since no one even knows who the hell that is" Ahhh hahaha
    Someone on my newsfeed said the exact same thing! I thought I was watching an Austin Powers movie. 
    Totally Austin Powers! It was weird. Don't get me wrong, I like the colors and the florals, just not for SB. 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @gardeniagirlknits yes! I know for a fact there weren't so many baby commercials last year. Each one my heart just hurt a little more. Poor hubby felt guilty after each one too. Not laughing at the commercials this year lol
  • oh @skiingstark I love it! Go Broncos! 
    Me: 29 & DH: 33
    Married: May 2009
    ttc #1 since October 2015
    BFP: 3/8 - CP
  • @skiingstark awesome!! I am in Colorado too!  Had a big party at my house last night!  GOOOO BRONCOS!!
  • MrsDho11 said:
    Ash9614 said:

It's something about his mannerisms and behavior when he's sitting on the bench for me.  He just seems excessively arrogant and kinda rude to me.  *shrug*  I honestly just wanted to smack him a few times, but maybe I just caught a bad couple games where that was concerned or the cameras caught him at bad times.  Honestly, I've only seen a handful or fewer games, so it's a pretty snap judgment.  And I don't follow the NFL, so I have no idea what he's like in press conferences or outside of the game.
    Leaving the news conference in a huff didn't really help his image. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsDho11 said:
    Ash9614 said:

Leaving the news conference in a huff didn't really help his image. :/
    I felt so bad for him. I think it is straight up mean to make him answer questions after what was probably the most disappointing and frustrating day of his life. I mean, if we really need to ask him questions can we at least give him a couple days. He probably just wanted to cry or something and didn't want to do that in front of the whole world. And, I honestly didn't really love him or dislike him before yesterday. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker