October 2016 Moms

Symptoms thread

Re: Symptoms thread

• @SnobunnieMel Colace is safe during pregnancy for poop problems ;)

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @iceandsnowflakes29 I have been thinking about you! When will you get your result???

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Loading the player...
  • The symptoms are slowing making themselves known this week. I have sensitivity to smells, constipation on and off, fatigue for real, insomnia in the middle of the night, weird food cravings...no nausea yet but I didn't have any with my DD but my last pregnancy that I lost I did have a few bad days. So hopefully none will show up!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• @ejmo68 I call at 4:30 (EST) but last time the nurse took an hour to call back. Blah. So, the countdown is on  :o
  • Sammyt86 said:
    LGW2015 said:
    @lilyaster @LaBrags yes to the "I'm sooooo hungry but I don't want to eat anything" phase! It sucks!
    I thought it was weird that I was standing in the kitchen knowing that I needed to eat but didn't want anything

This. 100%.

My BBs are definitely fuller, and feel bruised more than outright painful. I'm early so not expecting much else, but every little symptom makes me feel more at ease.

@iceandsnowflakes29 Thinking about you!

• I only had cramping two mornings when I should've started my period so far.

I'm exhausted, hungry, bloated, and my boobs are killing me. I swear they have already gotten bigger. I'm already a 30FF so getting bigger is going to be *fun*. At least DH is excited about that one, too bad I don't want any touching involved on my boobs for now.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm in a brain fog, exhausted and getting bad hot flushes. I'm winded. I feel further along then I am and extremely full feeling. Very emotional, don't sleep well at night. Bad head aches, vivid dreams and gag on food texture. Boobs hurt bad, bloated. I have red face and metallic tastes. Lots of cramping/stretching
  • I forgot the nightmares I get when I'm pregnant. All surrounding DH leaving me during my pregnancy. It's the worst. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Has anyone else had cramps that start very low on the pubic area and spreads to groin? Just started getting them now and they don't feel like menstrual cramps more like gas cramps if that makes sense? Feels like a lot of pressure in my lower abs too.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tender boobs, mild cramping and lots of gas pain? I am not looking forward to the fatigue, nausea and brain fog that hit me hard last pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sammyt86 said:
    eajanners said:
    Should I be concerned that I don't feel any nausea yet? I'm 5 wks 4 days. Also, no cramping or bleeding which I can only assume is a good sign
    Hi! I am 5 weeks tomorrow and I haven't had anything either. I have spoken to some mums and they said that they didn't receive any sickness their whole pregnancy. 
    Maybe we will be the lucky ones? 
    I kinda hope I have some morning sickness so it feels real 
    Knock on wood ladies. Morning sickness hit me hard at 7 weeks last pregnancy!
  • I have had this too! Uncomfortable and annoying when in meetings all day!!
  • I've gained a few pounds, but not sure if its from being pregnant or all the girl scout cookies I've been gobbling the last couple weeks. Maybe both! 

My first pregnancy, morning sickness hit me like a truck around 6 weeks... so I'm REEEALLY hoping it's not an issue this go around. I could barely function half the time. Getting sick in front of my boss in our shared office made things a bit awkward. I'd rather not reveal myself until closer to 2nd tri.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• I'm still in the 2WW but I've been lurking here as my due date would be October 13th and I will be testing any day now (AF is due today but I temped this morning and it's higher then it has been all cycle so fingers crossed!). I have been getting symptoms that I have never in my life had with shark week. I've been exhausted for four or five days now. I feel like I've done a thousand push-ups while someone was punching me in the boobs. That's how bad they hurt. I had minor cramping about a week ago and it has been on and off since. I spent last night hunched over the toilet and woke up this morning feeling nauseous. If I don't eat every two hours then the nausea hits me like a brick wall. While I was pregnant with my DD the only symptoms I had until 8 weeks were a stuffy nose and slightly sore breasts. I keep telling my SO that if I'm not pregnant he better be prepared for the most intense shark week ever. 
  • Holy heartburn. That is all I have to say about that.  :s
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • edited February 2016
    Some fatigue and cramps. And it hurts my girls just to look.at them.  Nothing unbearable. But only 4 weeks, so I know I got a long road ahead of us. 
  • So far not too much. I am about 5 weeks 1 day and found out Monday. Last week and this week I have been starving some days, and not hungry other days. I had some cramping Monday and Tuesday. Starting to get a slight nauseated feeling the last 2 days and have started getting headaches and feeling pretty run down and tired. I'm not sure it's pregnancy, or giving up caffeine though! Last pregnancy my first symptom was sore boobs! So far not this time!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Squeasy, so squeasy, so so squeasy. Brushing my teeth is a risky undertaking.  And I have a headache. 
  • Still no symptoms up until this morning.  But maybe, JUST MAYBE, I was really sensitive to a smell today.  MAYBE.  I want to be do badly just so that will be one thing way different from the previous.  BUT I do acknowledge that the little old lady behind me at the grocery checkout may have just smelled that badly.  But I am a microbiologist... so it's really hard to find a smell that does me in!  So happy thoughts!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @JustPeachyPie I cant brush my teeth with mint toothpaste anymore. Immediate gag. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am exhausted. I pretty much cant get through a day without a nap. Already. My brain is a mess/foggy. And TMI but i've been having terrible gas/bloat/diarrhea. MISERABLE. I hope that part can just be over with.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Has anyone been experiencing shortness of breath? I can't decide if it's just a side effect of PA's weird winter or if it has something to do with being pregnant.

I did try Googling it and of course EVERYTHING means you are pregnant, so I found that very unhelpful. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • @missteacherlady16 I'm also experiencing shortness of breath. It's so weird! 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I noticed increased SOB while exercising which was odd. I've had to cut my cardio routine in half and focus more on exercises that forces me to lift my own body weight. 
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• I have definitely had shortness of breath. I was struggling vacuuming the other day!
    I looked up symptoms of low iron since that's common with pregnancy. Shortness of breath was listed as a symptom of anemia. Of course all the other symptoms of anemia are also pregnancy symptoms. 
  • @missteacherlady16  I'm in PA and have this as well. The last few days my allergies are TERRIBLE. Lots of sinus pressure, headache, stuffy nose, wake up with a sore throat. I think the SOB is at least partially an allergy thing. This weather is crazy, fluctuates from 60 to 30 daily and I think it's taking its toll on my body.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No symptoms as of yet which kind of freaks me out. Although I know not having symptoms doesn't mean anything.
  • @missteacherlady16 I have noticed I get short of breath as well doing cardio and I read that it can be from your increased blood volume in early pregnancy. It's why you can feel like a slug doing the same workouts as before but now they feel much harder and slower 
  • I've only exercised once since getting the BFP but I didn't notice any differences then. 

Truthfully, if I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't be able to tell by my symptoms. Boobs are getting sore but that usually happens when I'm expecting my period anyway. 

I I thought I had cramping the day I got my BFP and maybe that was legit. Otherwise, I'm 4 weeks today (according to LMP) and feel very not pregnant. Trying not to read into it since it's perfectly normal not to have symptoms until 5/6 weeks. I go for a second beta tomorrow so I am anxious about that. Hoping for 140++
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • 6w1d and I am so moody. My poor husband. This pregnancy is already very different from my last. No morning sickness yet, constipated, fatigued, some food aversions. :) We had a 32 weeker with my first pregnancy, so these differences are welcome with the hope we have a fully healthy pregnancy this time.
  • Oh and my nipples are killing (I'm still pumping for my daughter!) and I'm super turned on all the time. :) 
  • A little cramping,headaches, and I feel like someone kicked me in the crotch. 
  • I've been having on and off nausea, tiredness, sore boobs the usual really but today the new one is my right thigh and leg has been aching so much and feels really tender to the touch. It's so odd! Has anyone had anything like this? I'm thinking at 5w4d I'm too early for growing pains? 

• I threw up! A definite symptom!
  • klv said:
    A little cramping,headaches, and I feel like someone kicked me in the crotch. 
    Yes. My crotch  (cervix, maybe?) hurts. 
  • The constipation sucks so much. I would rather be sick than this. I even ate salad all day yesterday. Time to kick it up a notch. Colace may be in my future..
  • So what exactly does morning sickness feel like? I figured it was puking all the time, but my stomach has just been a little off. I'm certainly repulsed by certain smells and sometimes can't figure out what foods I want. They had a shift party with red velvet cake at work last night and I couldn't even bear to eat any of it. I also felt nauseous almost the entire shift.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• von1976 said:
    So what exactly does morning sickness feel like? I figured it was puking all the time, but my stomach has just been a little off. I'm certainly repulsed by certain smells and sometimes can't figure out what foods I want. They had a shift party with red velvet cake at work last night and I couldn't even bear to eat any of it. I also felt nauseous almost the entire shift.
    It will come straight out of the blue. One minute I was eating and the next minute violently puking. Then a few minutes later - hungry again. 

• OrangeEv said:
    The constipation sucks so much. I would rather be sick than this. I even ate salad all day yesterday. Time to kick it up a notch. Colace may be in my future..
    Just wait til you do finally go. It's going to feel like labor. I remember it bringing me to tears in a bathroom AT WORK no less. 
  • I feel hung over today: headache, thirsty, slightly queasy. I think I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I'm paying for it today. In bed drinking ginger ale. I know Tylenol should be fine but I don't want to take anything for the headache. I'm 5w6d.

For those wondering: nope, not ACTUALLY hung over, just feels that way.  ;)