October 2016 Moms

Thread formerly known as "Chances of NOT having a miscarriage"

13»

Re: Thread formerly known as "Chances of NOT having a miscarriage"

• Loading the player...
  • ANYWAY, does anyone know the risks of miscarriage after the first trimester? Wondering how it compares to the last stat on this list at nine weeks..
  • WildMama said:
    ANYWAY, does anyone know the risks of miscarriage after the first trimester? Wondering how it compares to the last stat on this list at nine weeks..
    I actually cannot find any source material on this.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Selena2016Selena2016 member
    edited February 2016
    @DannieG79 Shut up. That's what I have to say next.

Anyone have anything to say about babies? Or pregnancy? I'm a first time mom (5 1/2 weeks). I have struggled with IF for years. I'm looking for support and camaraderie from you ladies. Stress does not help carry a child to term. Reducing stress, limiting caffeine, abstaining from alcohol, eating fruits and vegetables and being happy are the best things you can do to reduce the chances of a miscarriage. So let's do that, OK?
    Any thoughts on a good newborn checklist?

I want to use glass bottles (I'm a fist time mom so I'm neurotic) any good brand suggestions? 

Breast pumps are so expensive. I would love a hands free but I don't think I can swing it. Anyone else researched these yet? 
  • Shut up. That's what I have to say next.

Anyone have anything to say about babies? Or pregnancy? I'm a first time mom (5 1/2 weeks). I have struggled with IF for years. I'm looking for support and camaraderie from you ladies. Stress does not help carry a child to term. Reducing stress, limiting caffeine, abstaining from alcohol, eating fruits and vegetables and being happy are the best things you can do to reduce the chances of a miscarriage. So let's do that, OK?
    Any thoughts on a good newborn checklist?

I want to use glass bottles (I'm a fist time mom so I'm neurotic) any good brand suggestions? 

Breast pumps are so expensive. I would love a hands free but I don't think I can swing it. Anyone else researched these yet? 
    Did you mean this to go to the group or the one specific poster?

We can do a newborn checklist thread as we get past 24 weeks. I think its a little bit early to count those chickens.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• @Selena2016 If you want to talk about newborn essentials you can start another thread so that more people will see it in their input. Also, there's a registry thread that has some suggestions on it. I get that it's still early, but talking about these things can be fun, so I feel ya! Looking at baby stuff and researching products helps, at least it helps me, keep my mind busy and off the ticking of the clock lol. :smile: 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @PrimRoseMama yes my response was to one in particular I edited to clarify.

24 weeks oh that seams far away! I have totally been obsessing. Putting supplies in my online shopping carts and so forth. I feel like I can't properly decorate the nursery until we know the gender. 
    You are probably right. Maybe we can talk about good diets while baby is growing so quickly.
    Any good nutrition apps for pregnancy? I use fitness pal but I'm worried about getting enough fruits, vegetables and calcium. 
  • @PrimRoseMama yes my response was to one in particular I edited to clarify.

24 weeks oh that seams far away! I have totally been obsessing. Putting supplies in my online shopping carts and so forth. I feel like I can't properly decorate the nursery until we know the gender. 
    You are probably right. Maybe we can talk about good diets while baby is growing so quickly.
    Any good nutrition apps for pregnancy? I use fitness pal but I'm worried about getting enough fruits, vegetables and calcium. 
    Definitely. Let me start a thread for it so it doesn't get lost in this thread here.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• @PrimRoseMama I was simply trying to change the subject of this ridiculous argument. I'm leaving this thread because I'm looking for positivity and support. Not bickering. That's all. Stress isn't good for anyone. That was my point. 
  • @WildMama

Not sure of actual progression of MC chances but I was told that at 13w4d I scored the lucky .03% chance

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PrimRoseMama just to be clear. I have been on bump IF communities for years. I don't need you to explain to me how communities "work". I have been pregnant for 5 weeks. I have been TTC for 4 damn years. It has been a horrible journey.  I feel as though the women in my IF group share a real connection and sisterhood. There are disagreements and differences of opinion that always remain respectful and don't go on for pages and pages. People disagree that is a fact of life. I was not finger wagging I was trying to change the subject. For some reason you continue to go after me, reprimand me on everything I have said when all I have tried to do was get this thread back to the topic. I am, as we all are emotional wrecks right now as our hormones surge and the uncertainty of MC lurkes at the back of every positive thought. I check this thread every day for the stats posted about decreasing chances of a MC. I'm looking for any ideas scientifically proven or not to help me keep this precious child growing inside me. 
  • So anyway, it is very sad to see that most of us come here to give and receive support and that goal could get disrupted like this. I am just hoping each of us dealing with miscarriage concerns can feel free to continue to express those concerns in this place, as it isn't always possible or helpful to do so with many people in our daily lives, and to find some anxiety relief as we cope in the best ways we know. Let's stick together in our common hope for healthy fall babies, and anyone who has any other intent would probably be best served by a different forum that corresponds with that interest.
  • @UponAStar16I think @PrimRoseMama addressed this pretty well in a previous post on this thread. PrimRoseMama said:
    Except this is the real world and disagreements happen. I understand that's not what you are looking for, but the way community boards work, sometimes it happens. Its best to acknowledge it instead of finger-wagging every time it happens. Otherwise, its going to be a long 40 weeks for you here. I hear what you are saying, but every group of people cannot 100% agree all the time. Its just not reasonable. I'm a positive person and I don't necessarily ENJOY arguments, but its just a fact of life. I like debates and discussions.To each their own, but for your own health-- try not to expect nothing but puppies and rainbows from this site.
    Unfortunately there are always going to be disagreements in large groups, so I think we're all just trying to let this one fall to the wayside. This seems to be a pretty great group of intelligent, strong women, with a lot of support to offer, so I hope you stick around! :smile: 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited February 2016
    @UponAStar16 There's a weekly PGAL check-in that you might find helpful. It's a great place to connect with other loss moms and express any anxiety/frustration your PGAL brain might be giving you. New ones are posted every Monday.

ETA: I may have read your comment wrong, but if you're a loss mom, please join the PGAL check ins!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I.... I don't even understand what just happened here. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Wow it's sad how this message which was meant to "encourage" has been blown out of proportion and @DanniG79 is being attacked in this manner. Not everyone will agree with all the things that will be posted here! The fact that the majority of you ladies disagree with this post doesn't make it a bad post. Just as @DanniG79 said it does not pertain to everyone! If you find comfort in this post and believe in the protection of God over your baby & yourself then may it come pass in Jesus name! But if not, then may whatever you find comfort/believe in see you thru!  One thing for sure is that I don't find refuge in mere statistics let alone allowing it to decide my chances of miscarrying/not miscarrying! My God is the one who will see me thru this journey and in Him alone I find refuge! 

“For the message of the cross(the word of God) is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
    ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

• @PeggyOlsonFTW I couldn't access the bump on my phone 
  • Is it too early to ask... did we have our first GBCB yet? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Is it too early to ask... did we have our first GBCB yet? 
    I place bets on my post it sometimes. Who I think will be first to peace out. I'm right very often.
    I'm looking for my Bingo card. Hopefully it will be unnecessary, but my last BMB was amazingly dramatic so who knows! ;) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3