2nd Trimester

Lightening crotch?!

I'm 26 weeks today and I keep getting this sharp pain in my vagina (sorry for the tmi) could it be lightening crotch ? I Googled it and.it said cervical dilation but I remember my aunt telling me about lightening crotch ? Any advice would be great thanks much ladies 

Re: Lightening crotch?!

• Right there with you. Like someone stabbing me in the vagina with something sharp at random times. Super awkward when I'm trying to walk around my life like a normal human. My midwife said it's due to "increased blood flow" in the area and higher blood volume in general. I was told it's normal, nothing to worry about, and is just going to happen. Try to relax. Drink water. The usual advice- normal pains. Anyone got anything else on this one? Is there ever a time to worry about lightening crotch?
  • ^this. And mine isn't limited to my crotch either. I get it all over my abdomen too. Enjoy!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, that's what it is. Nothing you can do about it.  Just keep drinking your water and staying as active as you are able to.
  • If it's fairly quick and feels like a lightning bolt going up or down your vagina then yep, lightening crotch. My OB said it also has to do with the pelvis widening and the muscles. It's random and comes out of nowhere but passes quickly.

Oh the many joys of pregnancy!!
  • I agree with what @noelietrex said. Seems like it's pretty usual. Also, the other day I had lightning crotch and lightning boobs going on simultaneously. So that was something. 
  • Totally normal. I would say if it sticks around consistently for a while, meaning the pain is a strong ache vs a shooting pain, then I would call the dr.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• I don't have this but I do get the random shooting stabbing pains in there 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I get that pain a lot. My doctor says it's the pelvic bone widening and it totally normal