February 2016 Moms

Sanctimommies

Did anyone else see this??? I don't think you need to have already had your baby/have other kids to see the ridiculousness here!

https://www.scarymommy.com/sanctimommy-with-one-2-week-old-child-cant-understand-whats-so-hard-about-parenting/
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sanctimommies

• I am laughing so hard I swear I almost pee'd. My friend came over to pick up her Cookie order took one look around and said would you like me to take the kids tonight!!! I almost cried I was so happy!!!  
  • Haha, and it's so true, we've all been in that "smug" spot (although not to the extreme of this looney) and then gotten slapped in the face by reality. My kid was never going to eat anywhere but the table, either. Guess who eats 2 meals a day on the couch or standing on her stool at the counter. Peanut butter curtains are for sissies. Real moms find week-old half-chewed quesadillas in their purse pockets (true story.. I guess that means I'm lazy AND don't watch my child).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @VitaLuna haha that was me a couple weeks ago. I was looking for something in my purse and found DS' remnants of his quesadilla from a couple days before that 
  • Seriously, my newborn is a total breeze compared to my toddler. I wish I could talk to this mom in two years :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Agreed with @AdventureMama. Newborns are nothing! Wait till they talk back. My 3 and 5 year old are a million times harder now than as babies. Then I see what my sister deals with having teenagers and I think mine are easy.

• She's just ridiculous on so many levels.  No acknowledgment that some moms have awful recoveries with colicky babies, postpartum depression, unhelpful spouses!?  I agree my newborns have been easier than my toddlers, but I know that isn't the case for everyone - and it makes me grateful, not smug.  Well, okay, I have been smug before.  I've just also been put in my place;)  

My three year old drew all over the walls this week.  It was during his 3 minute time out.  With a bath crayon that he went into the bathroom and dug out on the way to said time out.  WTF, like I should have thought of that!?!?  Guess I should have been paying closer attention...
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm a FTM, so I have no idea what's going to happen once she's here (pretty sure it won't be all unicorns, rainbows, and sunshine though), but @MississippiCatfish your story made me actually laugh out loud! I admire your son's "spirit" and the endless patience you must have!