Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Having D&C Today

Hello ladies

As I am getting ready to go to the hospital, I just wanted to share this moment with you, hoping that you can send prayers and/or good energy my way.

this was my first pregnancy, diagnosed as a blighted ovum at 6 w. Stopped growing at 5w. Should be 8w5d today and it is not happening naturally, so they scheduled me for a D&C.

I have read that this is a low risk procedure, but I'm still scared. My doctor tells me that my possibilities are still very good to have a healthy pregnancy, but I still doubt. I wish to have closure after today and continue healing afterwards, as I have hope that I can get pregnant again and have a healthy baby.

thank you for reading!
hugs
Y
Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Having D&C Today

• Sending positive thoughts and energy your way. I am also most likely going to be diagnosed with a blighted ovum. I went it at 7 weeks for my first u/s and there was nothing but a gestational sac. I had another u/s a week later and still nothing. My doctor wants to wait one more week just to be sure but my gut tells me that there's nothing there. I totally feel for you. I will more Han likely be having my first d&c sometime next week and I'm sad and terrified as well. Hang in there! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Firstly, I'm so very sorry for your losses, @yolandamunoz and @MooFish2364. I had a D&C for MMC in December. Despite the whole sad situation surrounding it, the procedure itself went smoothly and I had a good experience. I know it's not for everyone, but naturally miscarrying was just not an option for me. It is scary to undergo any procedure, but it does dramatically reduce the physical demand of miscarrying. I also feel that it allowed my body to get back to doing its thing with cycles a lot quicker than if I would have waited. It provided some sense of closure with the pregnancy that I needed. Sending prayers your ways, ladies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Dear @MooFish2364 and @Wishilivedinflorida thank you for your concern and your kind words.

my procedure went well, thank God! It was still scary and sad, but physically I am feeling good. I wish there was more sympathy and just plain respect for women who are going through this ordeal. I felt most of the staff will just ignore your emotional status. 

When I woke up from surgery, I just started crying inconsolably... No one seemed to know what to say. Except one nurse or midwife. She approached me with a gentle voice and consoled me with kind words. She asked me if I believed in God to find strength in him. To cry whatever I need to cry and to talk to good friends. She was really helpful in such a hard moment.

I have hope for the future and I hope you guys can also feel this way.

Hugs!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @yolandamunoz Glad to hear things went smoothly. And yes, I have hope for the future. It's all I can hold onto at this point. Praying we all have better times from here on out.