Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-In 2-01-16* New Leader Needed ASAP

TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
edited February 2016 in Pregnant after IF
***NEW BOARD LEADER NEEDED*** I will be heading to the 2nd Tri board this week, a new leader is needed starting next Monday.

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Before starting this journey, how many kids did you envision yourself having?

Congrats to all of the Mommies to be:
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16
@kbear28 EDD 7/24/16
@TerraMae80 EDD 8/4/16
@ShayLatrice EDD 8/4/16
@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16
@poeface EDD 8/8/16
@BrightenMySky 8/18/16
@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16
@rshatsky EDD 8/24/16
@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@vnegron87 EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@rabeckap EDD ??????
@ehanssmann EDD ??????
@Annacygirl EDD ??????
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
2003- M/C twins
2006 - ectopic
2014- Son born in May via IVF
2015 - BFP number two via FET

Re: *1st Tri Check-In 2-01-16* New Leader Needed ASAP

• Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. 

I can't believe I am almost to the 2nd trimester!!! Just 3 more days! Last night I had my son listen to the heartbeat, I know he doesn't know what it is, but the look on his face while he was listening to it was priceless. I am still "patiently" waiting my test results from the NIPT test I had last Wednesday. I really hope I get the answers sooner rather than later, I am so anxious.

QOTW: When I started this journey of IVF I only focused on having one healthy baby. After my son was born I immediately wanted more kids. I had 5 frozen embabies left and I wanted to have them all.  After my second round my husband and I decided to transfer just one embryo again like the first one. Now that my son is almost two and I am pregnant, I'm second thinking about having six kids. LOL Maybe three, we'll see how two go. LOL 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Good morning!  I'm 10w today.  I have my first OB appointment tomorrow.  I got to see the babies on ultrasound last week so I'm feeling rather zen right now.  They both looked great - measuring on track and similar in size with strong heartbeats.  I'm anxious to see if I'm going to now have to wait till 20 weeks for my next ultrasound.  I'm hoping my OB will find a reason to do one before that! :)  

@TerraMae80 - if you don't find someone, I could do the the check in for the next 2 weeks, but it might be better to find someone who's not so far into first tri! :) I'll keep checking to see if someone else takes it.  

QOTW:  I always thought I'd have 3 kids, as did my husband.  We started late and had mild difficulty getting pregnant the first time (7 months and clomid) but we were still thinking we could fit 3 in.  Then #2 took 19 months and IVF and it looked less likely.  BUT, as fate would have it, we put in two and got two! :)  We still have 4 frozen embryos so I'm a little worried about what to do with them.  Every now and then, I joke with my hubby that we could have another after these two.  He usually turns white as a ghost and looks ill when I say that.  :)  I think 3 will be enough at my age (41).
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emsmama15 I have 4 frozen too. I think maybe if this one is my second boy we may try for a girl. But then I think about it and I'm like, am I insane? All the sudden I'm a baby machine LOL. 

Hey, and thanks for offering to take over. I hope we can get someone to take it over that will be here for a bit. But I think if not, should I just keep coming back on Monday's to post? LOL 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Today I'm 11 weeks 3 days! We have our NT scan on Friday, I'm really excited to see how big baby has grown but nervous and praying everything is ok! I've been feeling really good and trying to get back into walking daily. 

So so we are hammering out a contract to buy our first house. I'm crazy excited and nervous about the process and can't wait to finally have a home and begin working on a nursery! 

Qotd: I've only ever wanted 1 kid, DH wants 2. I guess we'll see how this pregnancy goes. With such difficulty getting pregnant I likely won't go back on birth control so we will see what happens. 

• @katie121209 The worst part of pregnancy is waiting on test results. lol 

I am so happy for you and the new home!!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• katie121209katie121209 member
    edited February 2016
    Congrats @TerraMae80 !!!!
  • Thank you!!!!!! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• YAYYYYY!!!! Congrats @TerraMae80 !!!!!!!

• YAYAYAYAY thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 So exciting! Congrats!

So, I completely thought I was already in the second trimester after hitting 13 weeks. Guess my RE just calculates it differently. oh well!

Strangely, I've felt worse the past few days than I did anytime during the 1st trimester  (give or take a week or so). Nausea decided to butt its way back in and dizzy spells are outrageous. 

Not much going on here other than that! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • YAY!  Congratulations on your BOY @TerraMae80!  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited February 2016
    Getting nervous, waiting for my nurse to call. I had a very small amount of bright red bleeding with a bm this morning. Very small, was only red first wipe, second only pink and nothing after. I didn't really think anything of it as I've heard it's pretty common with pregnancy. An hour later, I had very slight cramping, went to the bathroom and when I peed, saw 2 small tissue-like things and both had a small red dot in each. No bleeding or spotting at all when I wiped. It made me nervous, but I tried to brush it off until I did a Google search. Why!? I went to the bathroom again right before calling my nurse and nothing, so it's probably fine but I just can't stop wondering what that tissue like stuff was and exactly where it came from. Now I'm just glued to the phone, on the edge of my seat, waiting for a phone call.

Update: Everything is fine. She had me come in to make sure the baby had a heartbeat, and it was 152. She's thinking the tissue probably came off my cervix. I just need to take it easy the next 3 days and stay off my feet as much as I can.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • riverridgional how scary- so glad everything is ok! 

We we had our NT scan today, everything looked great although still have to combine results of the 2 blood tests. Baby has grown so much in 3 weeks! It was amazing getting to see it move around! 
  • Hello ladies, 
       I'm very excited to be joining you. A little background I have twin 5 year old girls from previous IF intervention. We've been trying to make them big sisters for about a year and a half through various attempts with IVF. We thought we were finally done at the end of this summer, but we were blindsided with a blighted ovum diagnosis at 7 weeks. So after another FET, just received my second set of betas and things are progressing and hoping for our rainbow baby come October 12th according to the calculator. Not really breathing a sigh of relief or celebrating due to our experiences this summer, but trying to be cautiously optimistic.

• @riveridgional I am so glad you and the baby are ok! 

@katie121209 What a beautiful scan!!!!!!

@crcruz79 welcome and congratulations!!!

*All, we need a new leader to start the new week. I will be heading to the 2nd Tri board today. I wish you all the best of luck and can't wait to see you all over at the 2nd Tri board!!!!*
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic