TTC After a Loss

Names, names, names

talking about names with DH is the only thing getting me through braveheart (ie the bloodiest period ever) instead of BDING our lives away. 

We came across Millicent. It's out there for sure. But I can't stop thinking about it. 

I'm not asking on baby names because they are cruel in every sense of the word...  But I want real opinions. 

Millicent. NN Millie. How crazy is that? How much would she be picked on? How crazy am I for even thinking about it?

Mama to two perfect little girls.
Lucy 07-13-11
Violet 03-13-14
Conceived #3 since September 2015
11-25-15 twelve week loss
07-21-16 ten week loss
10-03-16 5 week loss
TTC again soon!

Re: Names, names, names

• I don't think she'd get picked on - Millie is a great nickname if she wanted something shorter. I was teased pretty bad as a kid because of my last name (among other things) and the only thing I could think of that they could tease about would be Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty - and she was recently played by Angelina Jolie...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I lurk on Baby Names, and I don't see their comments as cruel. And really, strangers on the Internet are going to tell you the truth. Just because no one in real life will tell you (hypothetical you here...) that your name choice of Jaxon Flaxon Waxon is awful and will have your kid ridiculed, doesn't mean that it's not true. If anything, the Baby Names board is a good way to see what everyone in your real life is probably THINKING, but won't tell you. 

That aside, I don't think your name choice of Millicent would be ridiculed there. It's a real name, spelled correctly. People may tell you it's not their style, but that's not cruel. I don't like the full name, Millicent, personally, but I think the nickname of Millie is cute. It's a little old fashioned, but that's just a preference thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love it. Honestly, I think kids could get picked on for just about any name. Its good that you are able to start thinking about names. After MC, i refused to even think about it, but we are starting a little bit by bit.
  • You guys are right. I'm being a bit sensitive. I'll probably wait to throw it up over there when and if we're lucky enough to get pregnant again. But thanks for the distraction now!

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • When we were pregnant, DH and I decided to not share our preferred names with anyone until baby was born. People have so many opinions, and I am one of those people that focus on the negatives rather than the positives. Plus, I think the only ones that matter are your and DH, the parents :)

BTW I also agree that Millie is cute. A professor in my grad school had that name and her nickname was Mimi. She was wonderful.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like it. It reminds me of OTH which is one of my favorite shows.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20