Connecticut Babies
Options

Hartford hospital vs. Middlesex

My husband and I are TTGP and my doctor recommended that I start looking for an obstetrician now. I'd deliver at either Hartford or Middlesex hospital and I've read good things about Crescent Street out of Middletown.

What are your experiences?

Re: Hartford hospital vs. Middlesex

• Options
    I've heard good things about Crescent Street as well. I delivered at Middlesex and it was great- they are very baby friendly. Nurses are great and many are lactation certified. Dr. Irons and Dr. Summeral out of Middlesex ObGyn are awesome. I wouldn't dream of leaving their practice.
  • Options
    I know I'm late to the game, but hartford's c-section rates are way, way too high. I think I would go there if I had a high risk pregnancy, but as a generally speaking well-mama, I would pick middlesex or manchester memorial. They're both considered "baby friendly" and have lower than average c section rates.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have crescent street out of Middletown. They seem good so far. I've heard good things as well. My gp said they were highly recommended.
  • Options
    I would have thought Hartfords rates are higher because they have more births and take high risk and are next to CCMC. My OBs group uses St Francis in Hartford  and I did wind up having an emergency c-section but I absolutely loved the staff, nurses were great. My friend had her baby and had a terrible experience both medically and with staff, she actually heard the nurses complaining about someone who hit the call button too often. After a section they should be in there every hour.