High-Risk Pregnancy

First Time Mom - Nervous

Hello Ladies!

I'm high risk because of weight, possible cervix issues, and originally conceiving twins via IUI.....

I am due July 31st. I am 11w 4days pregnant. We conceived via IUI. At 6weeks we had our first US, Twins and heard heartbeat of one!! So excited and nervous of course. 7 week ultrasound, we still had 2 babies. 1 was a week behind but heard a heart beat for both. Baby B's was significantly weaker. We were discharged from fertility clinic and sent back to my regular OB.

Nervous about smaller baby, told may lose it. I went back to my OB. He says "nothing you can do just wait and see." Wrote a script for BW and another US and said be doesn't deliver babies. I need to find a different doctor to deliver.

Find a new group. They assure me they handle high risk. Make an appt. I get my next US at 9weeks. Baby A doing great! Measuring right on target. Baby B, sac is empty. Baby is gone. Sad news but happy cause we still has a healthy baby.

Tell new doctor all about this. Baby B beig gone and what not. They send me for ANOTHER US. 10week US baby B still gone, sac still there measuring 6 weeks but empty. Baby A is moving around and all good. Strong heart rate at 170bpm, and right on target.

The next day, new doctor calls. The hospital they have rights to isnt equipped for someone as high risk as me. I need to find a new doctor.

Call another place. They assure me they can care for me, as I cry on the phone about being dumped. Can't get an appt until 3 weeks later.

Week 11, see brown discharge, very light. Insert PANIC mode and frantic googling.

Call new doctor I have yet to meet. They say go to ER. 7 hours in the ER later, another US, baby is moving all over the place, measuring 11 weeks 4 days with a heart beat of 168. All is well in the world. Baby B's sac is still there. They suggestion my light spotting is due to baby b's sac.

Look at the report after I leave. Gestational sac is measuring small, 9weeks 4days. The doctor did not mention this. So trying not to get worked up as the baby was moving but didnt seem distressed. More like "hey look I got a foot and it moves" and "what's this, oh a face" as its habd went over the face. So trying not to stress and holding out for my appt on the 26th

Anyone had a similar experience?

Re: First Time Mom - Nervous

• Is it possible that their 9 weeks 4 days is from the day of conception since you had an IUI and that it really is the same as the 11 weeks 4 days from your LMP? That would make sense since they're exactly 2 weeks off. If they didn't mention it I wouldn't concern yourself with it, I think for sure they would have expressed concern if your baby was measuring 2 weeks behind at that age along with your spotting. Fingers crossed its just a miscommunication!
  • I would try and stay positive until you have reason not to. I had an almost exact situation with my last pregnancy, twins, lost one at ~13 weeks, then a mad panic as they thought my body would shed the entire contents of the uterus due to hormone level changes. My son was born perfectly healthy at 37 weeks :) I did not however have any spotting during the pregnancy. Perhaps the size they were referencing was for the empty sac? Rather than your  Twin A?  If you are concerned and have unanswered questions, I would push for an appointment sooner with your new OB. Don't accept being put off , at this point your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Your questions should be answered, and they have appointment slots for "sick" visits in reserve. Insist.

good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • The spotting stopped a few days ago. It was so light. Usually present in the morning and not again til the next day. No cramps or red blood. So I am holding out for my appointment.

They said they couldnt see me before the 26th as I am a new patient. I have had no symptoms of pregnancy (well I mean besides seeing a fetus on the US). I have had no morning sickness. I don't feel pregnant or I should say I don't feel different. Which does not help my anxiety. Since its my first time ever being pregnant.

Today however, marks week 13 and official start of 2nd trimester. So I'm hoping most risks of loss are now behind me.

How are you ladies doing?
  • Hi! I'm a first time mom too and just reached 8 weeks. I bled a little at the beginning as well. My doctors all flipped because I'm older and it is my first time. All is much better now but it seems so unreal! Lol I've always been scared delivering a baby! I think that frightens me the most! What about you?
  • Btw the doctors say your really in the clear when you reach your second trimester so I think you are good! But always tell your doctor everything and don't surf the web, it's the worst! Oh and CONGRATULATIONS! It's an amazing thing! When is your due date?
  • And I apologize because I thought this was to futuremrsfriedman! Omg so sorry!!! 
  • Well everyone, the new doctor looked at me like I had 10 heads. He said I'm pretty low risk. He seemed pretty confident and I got to hear my sweet baby's heartbeat again. Smooth sailing here. I'm 15 weeks today. The day before my birthday (2/17) is my next ultrasound and I'm really hoping to find out the sex.  I'm very confident in my new doctor and comfortable. Second trimester morning along. Only 25 weeks left!! How is everyone else doing??
  • Oh and I'm due 7/31/16