C-sections
Options

back to back c sections

I just had my first baby in November. I started off breast feeding and took the mini pill for birth control. My hormones got the best of me and I couldn't deal with breast feeding anymore so I switched to formula and regular birth control. Then out of nowhere I had to have my gallbladder removed and that got me off my schedule a bit. I forgot to take a couple of my pills and once I didn't use back up. Stupid I know. I haven't gotten my period yet and I'm showing a lot of signs of being pregnant ( nausea, sore boobs, heightened sense of smell, crampy feeling, etc.) I know these are all signs that I could be starting my period too. I just wondered if anyone had any experience with having c sections that close. My doctor never told me how long I should wait before trying again and if I havent started my cycle by the end of the month (I'm irregular) then I'm going to take a test. Just looking for some insight and possibly success stories.

Re: back to back c sections

• Options
    I want to have my kids close together, so at my 6 week appointment I asked my OB how long she would recommend I wait to get pregnant again. She said she has seen women come into their 6 week appointment pregnant, and doesn't recommend that, but it's not the end of the world if it's that close together. 
  • Options
    My doctor did not give a minimum time frame, but I was told if the EDD were less than 18 months apart then the second would automatically be another c section because of the higher risk of uterine rupture if I went into natural labor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB just gave us the green light to try for baby #2, said they recommended 9 months between csection and getting pregnant again. 
  • Options
    The practice where I live is that if the interval between them is less than 18mo, most of the OBs would strongly suggest a repeat CS and not a VBAC, given the higher risk of rupture.