1st Trimester

Update on bleeding..

I just wanted to update to maybe help some ladies, or ease their mind a little bit.

At about 9:30pm on Sunday I was sweeping at work and I felt a gush of something.. I knew what it was so I went into the bathroom and sure enough it was a gush of bright red blood. My mom met me at the ER and I was a mess thinking the worst. I had mild cramping, and the bleeding happened when I would use the restroom or stand up. They hooked me up to fluids and the ultrasound tech was called in. On the ultrasound the baby's heartbeat was good, and was very active. They located the bleeding and said it was "outside where the baby was". I stayed in bed all day Monday. I did go visit my OB who did another ultrasound and baby was even more active and we could see the heartbeat still, he tried to catch it but it was just moving too much, and I see him again next week. Today I'm going to work, followed by two days off where I will take it easy as well. I'm having episodes of crying, I think out of fear.. but my gut instinct that I had lost the pregnancy or was in the beginning stages was wrong. Atleast for now the baby is healthy, growing, moving, and okay. What they told me it is "A Threatened Miscarriage" sounds scary but it doesn't always mean you will lose your baby. So if anyone else is going through this just know that everything can be okay and visit your doctor ASAP.

Re: Update on bleeding..

• I'm glad everything  turned out good for you! :smile: 
  • So far so good. Just taking it easy and doing what I can to keep the little one safe. It was awesome seeing him/her wriggle around in there but let's hope it calms down a tiny bit before I can feel it ;) Just hoping if someone searches and finds my post it will help them relax a little!
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww happy to hear! Thanks for sharing!
  • Thank you. I was really relived. Was hoping to publicly announce to everyone (like on facebook) after my 13 week ultrasound but I think we will hold off until the appointment after that.
  • Update* I started spotting brown again today, this is the third time this has happened. The first time I was only about 5 weeks along. My appointment is tomorrow and I'm hoping everything is okay!
  • Awwww so sorry hoping all goes well
  • Hope everything went well for you 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Had an appointment yesterday and heard baby's heart with the doppler, we have an appointment in 4 weeks (17 weeks 1 day) and doctor said we should be able to tell the gender if baby is in the right position :). We have chosen to not announce publicly yet until after that. I just want to be sure things are okay first and boyfriend is totally okay with that. My last pregnancy wasn't viable, so I'm extra freaked about everything this time around- since I'm getting near the same week we found out the first wasn't going to happen :/.