October 2016 Moms

Thread formerly known as "Chances of NOT having a miscarriage"

Re: Thread formerly known as "Chances of NOT having a miscarriage"

• Loading the player...
  • This has now become a completely different discussion which is quite disappointing. I hope I don't have to leave the Bump community because I've really enjoyed it so far. 
    Married 3 years
    Me-34 DH-44
    EDD 10/1/16

• I really liked this post. I'm hoping the stats are close to what my chances are, that would be really helpful to know this early on. 
  • DanniG79DanniG79 member
    edited February 2016
    @DarthFuriosa

Actually the world is filtered through my sensibility. What I believe to be true is true, hence the phrase perception is reality. Is this how the world should work?  Beats me. 

Point of clarification: I understand the English language quite well. And you knew exactly what I meant when I posed the question: who is knowingly offended. But I suppose you're  the grammar police.  Is this a paid position?  Do you receive fringe benefits? 

Additionally, I did not post the original religious comment. I simply agree with it. I believe it to be true. It's my truth. My perception. My reality.

I'm finished. New discussion please. 
    *drops mic*

Edited for grammar...I didn't want to be ticketed by the grammar police. 

• @eajanners There are some really awesome women on this board, so stick around!! 

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• So @DarthFuriosa is now the grammar and syntax police?  Do you get extra pay for that particular job duty?  It appears that your job keeps you pretty busy.  I actually love your posts because they provide an opportunity for me to respond with sarcasm.  Thank you!  As previously stated, this is all entertainment. However it appears you're upset.  If you weren't bothered you wouldn't keep responding.  Lol.  "Are you big mad or little mad?" 

As for dropping the mic @PeggyOlsonFTW: when you get a moment can you forward a copy of the MIC Dropping Handbook?  I would love to review the rules.  

You guys are funny.  What will you say next?  
  • @DanniG79 some people may think the same for you because you seem to need to have the last word. And there's nothing wrong with being upset. I'll go ahead and say it... the original religious post upset me and your posts upset me. I'm allowed to feel that way, but it's not going to ruin my day or anything. Clearly you are upset from the sounds of your reactions. You see, what happens when people feel threatened is they fight back with snark and immature sarcasm, which is more of an emotional reaction than logic. Why can't you just accept that people are just as entitled to their feelings and allowed to express themselves just like you. Or are you just more entitled than everyone else? I'm curious why you haven't just "moved along"?
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • DanniG79 said:
    I'm not offended by any comments made in this forum nor should you be offended by mine.  All of this is just entertainment. If I don't like something that's said then I ignore, which is the entire point of my phrase "keep it moving".  I never said others weren't entitled to their opinion.  But everything doesn't have to be offensive. 

Pertaining to @DarthFuriosa

"The world is not filtered through my sensibilities"...If that were true then we wouldn't have blatant prejudice/racism/discrimination. You may want to rethink that statement. 

Knowlingly offending someone...Who was knowingly offended?  I'm not offended.  Are you?  Perhaps you should take my advice. Lol. 
    *lurker*

So telling people that have had losses that they shouldn't feel hurt by your or other comments is "just entertainment" to you. Cool. 

I'm atheist. My sister is passionately Catholic and prays a lot. We've both had losses. And a lot of hurtful comments stem from religious belief- "God has a plan", "they're in a better place", blah blah blah. Dismissive and hurtful whether or not you believe those things. 
  • Why would I allow myself to be hurt by strangers?  And my feelings are in check.  I have a baby on the way and I couldn't be more excited.  This little back and forth exchange did help pass some of the time until my appointment next week.  Thanks!

And I always have the last word......................................
  • edited February 2016
    @DanniG79 ... Because we are all HUMAN and there is nothing wrong with having feelings. It's sad that you have to have your feelings "in check". You're previous post about always having to have the last word proves your immaturity and inability to see things from other's perspective. This shows lack of compassion and FEAR of emotions. Sounds like you have a lot of growing to do and I hope that further down your spiritual journey you can find a way to allow harmony and compassion into your heart. Now, I have followed because I love a good debate, but your illogical responses and sarcasm have turned it stale. Since you will perpetuate this thread with your negativity and need to have the last word, I will leave this all to die down. However, I will leave you with this last tidbit to stew over since you seem so fearful of emotions, yet CLEARLY have let them get the best of you...

"Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive."  

I'd rather feel every emotion, happiness, sadness, anger, frustration, excitement, and feel ALIVE, than have to keep them "in check". 

Genuinely wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. 

Edit because I had something to add. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Precisely why even in my own family I don't bring up religion or politics.  Everyone needs the last say and a good intention post gets flamed and blown into a debate.  This is what happens when diverse women get together.  My advice - Roll with it, say your peace, and keep on, keeping on. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• BTW - @Knottie89569930 seems to have left the building.  Trolling/AE posts at is at its best when they start controversy and sit and watch.

PS- @PeggyOlsonFTW Lookie lookie I got gif game now! HA

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• @bornmommy that WWE gif is the best. Haha!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I am down with prayer, but its really not very aware of your audience to assume that everyone here is cool with preaching and praying. I mean, thank you and Jesus is my homeboy, but there are people from all faiths and walks of life here. Bringing God into the miscarriage discussion can veer into hurtful territory. I've known individuals that have prayed fervently to God and still lost their children. I had a period of feeling God had abandoned me after my losses. So, it can be the opposite of comforting.

I think its a good idea to be aware that there are many, diverse individuals on this birth month board.
    *lurking*

I snorted. IFLY.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.

• @DarthFuriosa Can I just say that I have mad love for you? 
    @PrimRoseMama I am also of the mind that we should get this post back on topic. Hooray for healthy babies!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • DanniG79 said:
    So @DarthFuriosa is now the grammar and syntax police?  Do you get extra pay for that particular job duty?  It appears that your job keeps you pretty busy.  I actually love your posts because they provide an opportunity for me to respond with sarcasm.  Thank you!  As previously stated, this is all entertainment. However it appears you're upset.  If you weren't bothered you wouldn't keep responding.  Lol.  "Are you big mad or little mad?" 

As for dropping the mic @PeggyOlsonFTW: when you get a moment can you forward a copy of the MIC Dropping Handbook?  I would love to review the rules.  

You guys are funny.  What will you say next?  
    Dude. You are way overthinking things.

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.