Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Diaper rash after squash help!

DD is 5 months. Ped said we can start her on squash. Did 4 days no issues. 5th day only gave cereal and breast milk. 6th day she has pooped 5x and her butt is bright red. She's screaming when I change her I know it's painful. I've tried butt paste and destin. Neither have helped. We are on day 2 of the red butt and 3rd bm of the day. Was it the squash? Wtf can I do to help her? 

i feel horrible for her. Tia 
SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
 TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
 First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
DH's TESE surgery December 2013
First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
 Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
 Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
 Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
Baby Girl is due August 27th
Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

Re: Diaper rash after squash help!

• sheaguptillsheaguptill member
    edited February 2016
    Try "Zinkofax". It's amazing.  Also put a layer or Vaseline or "barrier cream" on top of the diaper cream. 
  • I don't know if it's the food but try some coconut oil on the rash. It's always helped my LO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I'll try the coconut oil. I use it for so much stuff already it's worth a try. Right now I'm just using straight aquaphor and its clearing up. The rash creams were making it worse. Ugh. 

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• I think aquaphor is the best for a rash. I use a 16% zinc cream with each change for prevention and aquaphor at night and when he's a little red. Another thing I have tried that works is the lanolin cream for breastfeeding. It's a good barrier for baby's butt and I've used that when out of cream. The squash may have caused diarrhea and that's what is causing the rash. After wiping let the butt air dry a little and then put on the coconut oil or aquaphor. Coconut oil does have antifungal properties so it could help. I used it for my LO with his cradle cap and it helped. 
  • I think aquaphor is the best for a rash. I use a 16% zinc cream with each change for prevention and aquaphor at night and when he's a little red. Another thing I have tried that works is the lanolin cream for breastfeeding. It's a good barrier for baby's butt and I've used that when out of cream. The squash may have caused diarrhea and that's what is causing the rash. After wiping let the butt air dry a little and then put on the coconut oil or aquaphor. Coconut oil does have antifungal properties so it could help. I used it for my LO with his cradle cap and it helped. 
    It's all cleared up now. But the aquaphor was what helped the most. Coconut oil did wonders for my DD cradle cap too. I'll have to use it on her bum too. Thanks! 

Long of the Short:
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 

• If it recurs it could be a yeast diaper rash. They are typically bright red. You would get some over the counter athletes foot cream to treat it. They are tough to treat but the cream works miracles. Your situation sounds a lot like mine and until I used lotrimin DD had a recurring rash for weeks. Good luck.