July 2016 Moms
Options

Birthday Blues

It's my birthday today, I'm turning 25. I was very excited at one point. I'm married expecting our first baby I'm 15 weeks and instead of being so joyful I'm laying here in bed alone and crying. My husband recently told me he wasn't happy anymore and that he wants to focus on his career. He is trying to be a police officer and to him that is the most important thing . So apparently my baby and I get in the way of his plans. He wants to be a state trooper and if he gets accepted he has to go to move to another city for 6 months in September. Our baby is due at the end of July. So I would be at home with our newborn of 2 months by myself and of course I wasn't happy about that. So now he wants to get separated and focus on his career. He doesn't care about my feelings at all. He says he is always going to be there for the baby but come on if this is how he is acting now what can I expect in the future. I wanted to wake up this morning next to him like always but it's the second night he doesn't come home. He goes to school in the evening then probably how out to drink and then I find him in the driveway sleeping in his car. This morning he just texted Happy birthday. Worst birthday ever. I'm sorry I'm just trying to vent because I feel like I'm going crazy in my head.

Re: Birthday Blues

• Options
    I don't even have the words for this this morning. I'm so very sorry that he is a shit head. Happy Birthday, love. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't even imagine how you are feeling. Nobody deserves to have this happen to them. I'm so sorry. 
    Happy birthday. Big hugs! 
  • Options
    He sounds like an ass! I'm so sorry. I can't imagine dealing with all of this, and especially on your birthday. Do something nice for yourself today - even if it's something small. You have to take care of yourself. And I'd suggest counseling when you're ready, because that will help a lot.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    Oh, my heart! Counseling, stat. Do you have a good relationship with his family? Maybe he needs his daddy to sit him down and give him a refresher course on being a man and having responsibilities. I wish I could be the kind person and assure you that all men freak out in their own way (because they do, I promise), but this is unacceptable. 

Do you have close friends or even family who would take you out for a nice meal (and perhaps a good cry, very therapeutic) for your birthday? Don't let this miserable man ruin your birthday, your pregnancy experience, or anything else. This is 100% his bullshit and has nothing to do with you. 

One last thing, you and I may very well be in the same boat as far as being alone in the weeks following birth (my husband is military and is getting stationed elsewhere and moving ahead of me until I am ready to travel), please please feel free to send me a private message on here if you want someone to reach out to. I will do my best to comfort and reassure. If you have a good relationship with your mom or any siblings, talk to them now about possibly taking time off to help you with the brand new baby and keeping you company. 

I know it doesn't mean much coming from an internet stranger, but Happy Birthday and congrats on your pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I agree with counseling ASAP! Sorry that this day has been a bummer but like other posters get out of bed and go spoil yourself and have a great day! Do you have any friends you can call to go out with? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of this my dear. This breaks my heart. He sounds like a complete ass and doesn't deserve you or this little bundle on the way. I agree with PP's, counseling would be a wise decision. If things still don't resolve then at least on the bright side you saw his true colors before the baby gets here or further down the line in your relationship. The circumstances are certainly far less than ideal, but you're tough and don't need him to raise this baby if it comes to it. Reach out to your loved ones and family for their support as well as ours. Just remember to breathe and that it's going to be okay.

And treat yourself to something nice today, you deserve to be happy especially on your birthday! Happy 25th!!
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this (on any day, never mind on your birthday). I agree with PP about counseling and leaning on family and friends. Take care of yourself :)
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry your birthday if off to a rotten start!  I hope you have friends and family close by that you can lean on. Totally agree with everyone about counselling options and that you should get out and spoil yourself a little today!  I know it isn't much but happy birthday and I hope the rest of your day is much better
  • Options
    Happy birthday girl! So sorry you're going through this! Like pp have said counseling and family/ friends is what you need now. This may be a blessing in disguise for him to show his true colors now rather than after the baby is born so you can get things figured out.  

I really hope you have family support to help but feel free to reach out to us ladies here! Think of you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you have to deal with such a douche canoe. I hope you have a happy birthday despite the situation.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I do hope he comes around but to be honest the damage may be done as I don't see how you could trust him after all of this...

You can do this. I know it seems overwhelming and like the end of the world right now, but I think you'll surprise yourself with your own strength. Counseling may be a good option regardless of whether you think there's hope for the relationship or not, because either way you'll have to communicate and co-parent. 

I would meet with a lawyer to cover your bases - see what your rights and options are, and protect yourself. Get all your ducks in a row before the baby comes in case he tries to mess around with custody or child support.

Again, I'm so sorry, you deserve so much better.
  • Options
    Your husband sounds extremely selfish. It is great to want to establish a career, but that he feels he needs a separation from you to do so is ridiculous. I agree with all the PPs that you should cover your bases, check in with your family to see if you can have help in that regard, and try counseling if you think it would help. 

Treat yourself today. Try and take your mind off the situation. Happy birthday! 
  • Options
    Welcome to the family OP... Very sorry to hear what you are going through. My first thought is... Are you near family that you can lean on for support right now? Second, is your husband willing to go to counseling? Is this a sudden decision or have you felt like something has been off for awhile? Is his family aware of his decision? Third, if he is intent on divorce/separation then I would suggest speaking with an attorney to find out what your rights are. I say this because if you have family out of state that you would like to move back to, they may advise to do this before the baby is born. Also, if you'll be relying on his income it would good to know what you can expect. Lastly, this board is a great support system so interact with us and def don't leave us hanging about what you decide to do, we'll be here for you. 
    PS- get your butt outta bed and go get a mani/pedi or something to treat yourself today. Happy Birthday... You're about to get the best gift of your whole life in a few more months. 
    This. All of this. I'm sorry for the situation you're in, OP. Try to stay strong for that little one you're carrying. And go do something for you today, you deserve it after dealing with that man. Congrats on baby and happy birthday. 
  • Options
    I am sorry that you are having such a rough time. It sounds more like he is just coming up with excuses more than anything. I have two uncles that are/were police officers (one working for the sheriff's department), and both of them went through training and everything when they were bringing children into the world. Instead of using it as an excuse, they used having a baby as a push to get themselves order and provide for their family.....not go to school, get drunk, drive home, and pass out in the driveway. What does your husband think is going to happen if he gets caught driving home after drinking? Certainly he doesn't think that will HELP him get a position in law enforcement! 

I agree with seeing if he will go into some type of counseling. I get the him being away for school and everything would be hard, when you are dealing with a newborn and everything, but people in the military do stuff like that all.the.time. Some guys don't even meet their babies for the first time until he kid is like 6+ months old. It is what it is. But it sounds like he is just really immature and using this job to drop his responsibilities (getting separated just to go to training? Is he for real?!). 

Also, yes....call a friend, get out of bed, and go do something for your birthday. You can't put all of your happiness on him, you have to be happy with yourself as well!

Also, I work with a guy who got a DUI shortly before graduation with his Criminal Justice degree and no one in law enforcement will touch him. It's been a decade and he can't even get a job as a dispatcher. His bachelors degree helps him earn a whopping $17/hr after a decade at the same job in mental health. $15 if he works day shift. 

You may wanna stage an intervention about that. Drunk drivers suck. People die. 
  • Options
    pandaferh said:
    Yeah, I didn't think about it before, but the hubs used to work parallel with the sheriffs office and he told me they do not hire people with DUIs.

Also, I work with a guy who got a DUI shortly before graduation with his Criminal Justice degree and no one in law enforcement will touch him. It's been a decade and he can't even get a job as a dispatcher. His bachelors degree helps him earn a whopping $17/hr after a decade at the same job in mental health. $15 if he works day shift. 

You may wanna stage an intervention about that. Drunk drivers suck. People die. 
    Not only that.....if he gets caught and his license is taken away for 6+ months, who you do think he is going to expect to drive him around everywhere? The same person that he is finding excuses to leave, the same person that he couldn't take time out of his day to celebrate her birthday, and the same person that he currently has zero respect for....

And second, I'm sorry he's being such a twat. I agree with all of the above. Seek support, set yourself up, show him you don't need him if he's going to have that kind of attitude. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Happy birthday OP, I'm not sure if you've been lurking and saw my post about my marital situation. To sum it up, I have a 3 yo with my husband, 17 weeks pregnant and caught him a couple weeks ago getting sexual pictures from someone. I've been staying with my parents with my son and he's been trying to tell me he'll change, (this has been an ongoing thing, not the first time he's cheated on me this way). But what I'm trying to say is I completely get all the emotions you're going through when you had plans to bring this new life into this world with your partner and now everything is just shattered. If you want to reach out at all I'm here for you. I'm going through alot of the same emotions I'm sure you are. *hugs*

• Options
    I'm sorry you're having it so rough!  I agree on the counseling and the need to get out and do something for yourself! If you didn't get out today I hope you will tomorrow! Happy birthday OP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Of course you will get support ;) many of us have or have had marital issues and know that being pregnant makes them extra rough. Post anytime and I'm so glad you were able to get support on both sides! Happy birthday just think on your next one you will have a little on in your arms! 

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you can spend some time with family today.  <3
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    OP sorry I'm late to the (birthday) party. I just wanted to echo PPs suggestions and say that I hope in light of everything that happened with your SO you still had a pretty good birthday
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through this. I have no advice that PP haven't offered. I hope you were able to at least enjoy something fun on your birthday. Happy belated birthday! I hope everything works out for you. 
  • Options
    EedabuggEedabugg member
    edited February 2016
    Hey how are you feeling today? I just want to let you know that you did nothing to deserve this If you have any family you can stay with during this time GO!!! Don't be alone, (I'm with mines right now) and I promise you it has an extreme impact on your mood. Which is so so so important to you and your baby's health, because you do not want to fall into stress and depression. But the number one thing you need to remember is that God is on your side mama, I promise you he is and he doesn't put anymore on us than we can bare, even though it doesn't always feel that way. But that's why having faith that God got you and your baby's back and nobody in this world can touch you or hurt you if he don't want them too is so important to remember. My name is Saeeda im 22 and 16 weeks pregnant, me and my husband have been separated for 2 months now and it's not our first time but this is our first child. Take care and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • Options
    HOLY STRANGER DANGER!!!! @Eedabugg make your post private message to OP dear!!! Internet is full of scary people!

• Options
    @Eedabugg you may want to edit your post to not have personal info on it and send in a private message for your safety. 
  • Options
    @Eedabugg @BumpAdmin can you please edit or delete this post for her safety? Numbers are dangerous! 

• Options
    Just report this post for her sake yikes

• Options
    Sorry to alarm you. I took it off.
  • Options
    Just looking out for your safety ! I'm sure the OP appreciates your gesture too. 
  • Options
    Eedabugg said:
    Sorry to alarm you. I took it off.
    Now take off your first and last name. The Internet is full of creeps and the bump is not safe from them. Send her a private inbox with this info. 

• Options
    It's best to share that sort of info in a private message. The bump forums show up in google searches so some really random people can find your stuff. Especially if you put your name in there with it. They're just worried about your safety @Eedabugg
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday...so sorry that you are experiencing this.