October 2015 Moms
Options

teething at 3 months?!!

i jusy felt my 3mo old's gums the other day since he has been drooling sooo much and gnawing the crap out of my shoulders, arm and anything else that finds itself in his path. i felt teeth ridges on the bottom and one about to break through on top. is anyone else dealing with this so early? his motor skills are still developing and he just licks teethers like popsicles so im not sure if there is a better trick to ease discomfort?

Re: teething at 3 months?!!

• Options
    3 months is early but it can happen. If he's not into teethers maybe try freezing a pacifier. The cold might help. Also, put a wet rag in the fridge for about 10-15 min. They can chew that easily, just have to stay close so he doesn't gag on it. 
  • Options
    I found a tooth last weekend. My LO turned 3 months on Tuesday 1/26. No one believes me until they see that cute lil toofer sticking out this bottom gum! He's been drooling heavily for the last month or so and chewing on his hands. He hasn't started holding things yet either so teethers are pointless and he's not been fussy or seem to be in pain so we'll just let him keep chewing his hands and bink for now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guy has 2 teeth and just turned 4 months. . 
  • Options
    momma2charmomma2char member
    edited February 2016
    Mine is definitely teething- drooling a ton, rosy cheeks, constant screaming and I feel a tooth about to pop through the bottom :( has anyone's LO been super gassy and having mucousy/green poops from all of the extra saliva?? 
  • Options
    I am dealing with this as we speak. He's only 3 months as well. I feel so horrible for him. Only nursing helps him with the pain.
  • Options
    My baby is definitely teething ... I thought maybe she was from all the drool and chewing on everything and her Pediatrician confirmed yesterday she said the tops and bottoms are starting to come in 
  • Options
    My girl is 15 weeks and can't keep her fingers out of her mouth, and wants to put every toy given to her in her mouth. Sometimes she's cranky, but not inconsolably so. I've tried feeling around in her mouth but truthfully, I don't know what a tooth should "feel" like and I'm afraid of hurting her. Could it be teething, or does she just like to put things in her mouth?
  • Options
    Mine is 3.5 months and is definitely teething. Lots of drool and finger chewing, none have surfaced yet, though.
  • Options
    We have two bottom teeth here and he isn't even 4 months yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @VioletandRose my daughter is the same way ... I wasn't sure if it was teething since she wasn't acting miserable just fussy sometimes before her naps and her pedi said yes it definitely is teething. Her pediatrician pointed out two "fang like" things in her mouth and I didn't see anything but I believe her lol

I personally can't feel anything yet either.